Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Adam Lohrbach Announces New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Adam Lohrbach’s (Home Grown) new project, Radical Radical, will release a new full length on August 27th.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

Cool! Quick brag… Home Grown played in my college fraternity’s backyard, circa ‘05, and that was pretty epic.
    The single he released a while ago was great. Def going to check this out.

3. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Nice! I always loved Home Grown. Thought they should have been way bigger than they ever were. This new stuff is great!

Allthegiganticthings likes this.
  4. rbf737

Regular

That was right before they broke up; ha no disrespect to your frat but I guess that's part of why they split up. Always loved Home Grown and always thought they were doing their best tunes when they split. I've liked Adam's acoustic versions of Home Grown stuff on his YT; I'll definitely check this out.

5. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Blast from the last right there. I’ll definitely check it out!

6. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

When you’re playing frat houses, you’re either coming up or heading down…

And I agree with redline, these guys always seemed like they should’ve been bigger. I only really recall hearing Surfer Girl on OC and San Diego radio back in the day, but they have a great catalog.

theredline likes this.
  7. texasismyreason

My Home Grown story is they were my first band that introduced me to punk music. Was a freshman and getting a ride from a Senior the summer of 2001. He had a “She’s Anti” single CASSETTE in his car. Fast forward 20 years, here I am!

Allthegiganticthings likes this.
  8. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah these guys ruled. Should have been way bigger.

For anyone who's interested, they actually had an EP recorded just before they broke up and it partially got leaked a few years ago and spoiler. It's awesome.

My favourite from the session below:

9. rbf737

Regular

Yeah they're all great. I always say they were making their best music when they broke up between "When It All Goes Down" and these songs. I was always partial to Yesterday is Gone Forever (though Johnny's "Nothing Can Stop Us" was excellent, too); that post chorus especially at the end is so huge:

10. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I had no idea these existed, but I’m excited to check them out!