Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Actor Spotlight: Tilda Swinton

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Feel free to list ideas for other threads here

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Who called her “arthouse Eddie Murphy”? Harsh but fair

People should seek out Blue (1993, not related to Keislowski’s Three Colors), Derek Jarman’s experimental short grappling with his final days dealing with AIDS. Tilda Swindon narrates a section, the piece is one of the most powerful works of visual art I’ve ever experienced.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I do love Only Lovers Left Alive. Great in Michael Clayton, too. Plus her heavy hitters.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

She has taken on some unexpected roles. I remember being so confused watching Constantine. I don't think I knew who she was prior to that lol.

6. Morrissey

Trusted

Tilda Swinton is a perfect example of an actor who is given too much leeway. She chews up way too much scenery. It is a shame because she can be very effective in other films where directors have more of a control over the production.

7. Morrissey

Trusted

Looking up her filmography, I find out that she is going to be in the newest Apichatpong Weerasethakul film and he is making it in English. It is a dark time.

jkauf likes this.
  8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

How did I not hear this, crazy.