Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Actionboyz Podcast Podcast

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Feb 28, 2019.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Action Films (outside of the obvious Road House, Predator, etc.) have always been a blindspot to me. I love cheesy 80s horror, so watching Bloodsport and Hard to Kill for the first time this past month has been amazing. I’ve heard great things about how the rapport of the hosts evolves, but I gotta say they hit the ground running

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Just what I need, another patreon podcast to subscribe to.

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Rambo 2 was a snooze. Raw Deal took a little bit to get going and I’m a little drunk, so on to Lionheart. Off to a great start!

riotspray likes this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I might be JCVD’s biggest fan. How haven’t I seen one of his movies before

riotspray likes this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Took a bit of a break. Fell asleep during Lionheart last time. Let’s try this again

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lionheart - Too much plot

3/5

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wow Out for Justice rules

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I am crying laughing at them bringing back the Jason bit in Rocky 4

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Didn’t realize there was a thread! Going through from the beginning but I’m watching along so I’m skipping some things I don’t wanna watch.

OhTheWater likes this.
  12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

HARD TARGET FUCKING RULES

OhTheWater likes this.
  13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Skipped T2 cause I don't really want realistic nuke scenes in our current world lol.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The live eps are also hard to time up, but the wolfie joke carries through the series.

15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

honestly, i think you can skip the commentary episodes.

and I really don't think you have to watch the movie to listen to the episode. Maybe early in the podcast it helped, but Rodgers does a surprisingly good job at summarizing the movie and it's mostly just a skeleton for them to do bits on top of. I've had a lot of fun watching the movie after listening to the episode, just to see how it lined up with their descriptions.

OhTheWater likes this.
  16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think I have to watch the movie to listen to the episode but I do WANT to watch all these movies so I am.

coleslawed and OhTheWater like this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah that’s kinda where I’m at. I do find myself zoning out during movie talk if I haven’t seen it. The Delta Force one was a bit of a chore

18. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

The Mr. T’s apartment bit killing me

I Am Mick likes this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lol the story Rodgers tells in the Hunt for Red October ep is so crazy

I Am Mick likes this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Which story? He has some wild ones

21. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I just listened to the episode with the story of him wearing a disguise to a meeting his girlfriend was at and coming off like he was tailing her lol

OhTheWater likes this.
  22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The little person wearing a cloak and carrying a flame that showed up during a poker game

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Darkman is a fucking awesome movie. Excited for this ep

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

They need to find an alternative to zoom, the quarantine eps are still so good but it’s constant issues with the lag in conversations. It’s especially bad in the shadow wolves eps.

The Boogie Monster just records a phone call and the quality is perfect, it sounds considerably better than the episodes they did in the same room together.

You don’t need video to record a podcast, it’s time to ditch zoom.

(probably a post more for the general comedy thread but I just finished a shadow wolves ep and its a bummer that they can’t function at 100%)

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ben has the best stories