Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 640

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

again, i doubt he knows lol. he’s even more disconnected from that scene of music than phoebe.

2. ItsAndrew Nov 21, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2021)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

(Or following people in the scene who made tweets about the situation, but you would have had to have been actively following those people circa September 2018)

A better solution would be instead of just posting that here, sending Jim a message and letting him know the most recent developments re: Pinegrove. It's not fair to call out someone who doesn't even know they're supporting someone who is still problematic.

woodpile and xapplexpiex like this.
  3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

In before: BuT hE cOuLd JuSt GoOgLe ThEm!

Not everyone knows every bad thing a musician’s done, nor looks into it when a song pops up on a playlist and you’re like “sweet! I dig this! *added*”.

4. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

I think everyone in here knows my position on Pinegrove so I have to say: at this point, in 2021, what do we really want anymore? At this point they’re rehabbed in the public eye and people like Phoebe and Jim are going to see it that way. The situation was never meant to be public and was made so against everyone’s wishes and unless you follow exactly the right people you’re not going to know how to feel about that Pitchfork piece. I don’t like Evan, I don’t listen to Pinegrove, but continuing to talk about him just feels like yelling into the void in a way that is more frustrating than productive and yelling at people who do listen to them feels pointless

5. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I know this thread has problems with off topic / out of touch posts, so I apologize if this derails the thread or misses the point of it, but I just wanted to say that after having a good night out with friends, I was scrolling Instagram and forgot that I was still following Mike Sapone cuz his posts don't really show up to me, and he posted about the anniversary of BN's TDAG and man that really took me by surprise and made me feel down. I hate that I put so much emotional stock into that band and that album; it still has undeniable influence over my songwriting even today. I've been able to phase the band out of my listenings and take a more productive approach to my songwriting (ie, although my style is inspired by them, I want to write an album that will surpass the love I had for that now tainted work of art and completely replace them from my mind), it was such an unexpected suckerpunch to see it being celebrated whilst I was in my comfort zone. Ugh.

Again, sorry if this isn't the right place for this; I just wanted a place to let my frustration out. It's so incredibly tone deaf of him to even celebrate publically if at all.

smowashere and Mary V like this.
  6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

on one hand, it's probably the album he's most known for in his career, and he isn't a band member and shouldn't be held to the same standard as band member's for culpability for covering stuff up or whatever, but at the same time, yeah, I've seen a weird amount of brand new talk this weekend and it always makes me feel gross.

7. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

An update / turn in the Brody Dalle & Josh Homme situation.

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

^ I've never heard of them even being together, let alone having a divorce and issues that stem from that.

Correct me, cause I don't know any other details other than the link posted, but whats the issue outside an emotional divorce situation?

9. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Brody Dalle filed a restraining order against Homme along with ones on behalf of their kids accusing him of being verbally and physically abusive. Homme denied the claims and that Dalle was lying. There have been a quite a few ongoing court battles between the two of them which has lead us here.

domotime2 likes this.
  10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Gotcha okay.

Shes been through so much. Essentually abused and groomed by tim Armstrong and now this. So definitely wish her the best outcome

11. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I understand letting anyone submit.... But that doesn't mean you also need to nominate them, what a terrible excuse

Cameron likes this.
  13. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

like they couldn't find any better rap albums this year than donda, they really just had no choice but to nominate it and by proxy the serial rapist manson

skogsraet likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I feel good knowing at least that it wont win. Its gonna be tyler or nas x. but i get the sentiment towards that nomination.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

although it should be Bob’s Son

Cameron likes this.
  16. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Racist Yeehaw Man didn't get any Grammy nominations despite their record being one of the biggest of the year.

Anna Acosta, Cameron, Carrow and 5 others like this.
  17. Aaron Mook Nov 25, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 25, 2021)
    Old news, but maybe one of the first times I've seen a firsthand account on Twitter

More:

18. Aaron Mook Nov 25, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 25, 2021)
    One more:

In the replies:

And one to reaffirm your faith in humanity:

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  20. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

incognitojones likes this.
  21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I can toss in another similar Leto one. An old coworker of mine was working at a venue when 30STM was playing and threatened to call the cops on him for having underage girls on the bus.

incognitojones and Aaron Mook like this.
  22. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

A good friend of mine told me a few years ago that around 15 years ago she went to a 30STM concert and after the show someone from the crew invited her to meet with Jared Leto and they took her to his hotel room and he waiting in the lobby and she got into an elevator with him and he tried to force himself on her and she fended him off. She ran away from there as soon as the elevator doors opened. She had a boyfriend waiting for her at home and she didn't really understand the situation until they were both alone, she thought she was just going to meet him and get an autograph or something. She said he was very aggressive and left some marks on her body from when she was trying to fight him off.

23. Awful, awful stuff. He's skated by despite this being open secret for so long. I really hope that changes soon.

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  24. It seems like everyone outside of this site has completely forgot and/or forgiven Harry for that stuff. No Pressure and specifically Regulate have no problems getting booked anywhere they want.

Anthony_ and ItsAndrew like this.
  25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I deleted my comment because I found out it’s a different booking company who booked the show, but No Pressure are touring in January and it’s awful that they are getting booked without issue