Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 506

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Ugh, as a (now former?) food service worker this makes me angry. One of my last jobs pulled this same thing. They basically stopped scheduling tons of my coworkers just to try to get them to quit, and purposefully made us short-staffed, with the excuse of “business is slowing down” even though it wasn’t suffering in the slightest

Boycott this place at all cost

4EBCD76C-A02E-4EA2-A493-7F94B675D988.png

Crisp X, Orla, imthesheriff and 3 others like this.
  2. sam_might_say

stars143 likes this.
  3. Orla likes this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah that’s a terrible response. Some CD Project Red shenanigans

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Ah yes, “well documented issues that had nothing to do with organizing.” I’m definitely convinced that was the case.

Carrow likes this.
  6. Magic Rat

"i started donut friend seven years ago because i wanted to bring donuts to the community" is such an absurd start to one of these things.

7. stars143

Trusted

"At no point was Donut Friend ever informed of any organizing effort" should be an easily falsifiable statement from the organizers.

I do hope the former employee(s) make a complaint to the NLRB and LA Labor Commissioner.

I don't have a dog in this race... never heard of the shop until this week and live on the opposite side of the country, but I'm interested in hearing updates.

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

9. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

incognitojones likes this.
  10. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

More about Trombino:

11. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Why do so many musicians/industry people open Donut shops

JamesMichael and theasteriskera like this.
  12. sam_might_say

That’s terrible. I feel awful for those employees, especially all that were exposed to Covid

Production work must’ve been running dry for him

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. fbrrocks

Trusted

or sell coffee can't forget that

14. sam_might_say

(Glances at Bayside)

fbrrocks likes this.
  15. fbrrocks

Trusted

16. flask

Trusted Supporter

A local coffee shop out here in SoCal went through a very similar situation. Management cut hours under the guise of “slow business due to covid” (multiple employees told me they were doing just fine) and they didn’t provide employees with masks despite selling branded masks weeks into the pandemic. The union took their case to the labor board and actually won their case. I think DFU should do the same. All these small businesses are just like any other business and will treat you like dirt any chance they get.

Orla likes this.
  17. I've almost exclusively worked for small businesses (in various industries) and in very specific ways, they tend to be worse than big corporations.

Although "worse" isn't the ideal word, because it's not a competition and all work abuse is abuse. It's more like, there are very specific ways that small businesses are uniquely abusive. It's horrendous and because of the intimate nature of small businesses, the owners almost always have a martyr complex they use to heavily guilt their employees for asking for... anything, really.

18. Dealing with this right now. The implied value of "employee loyalty" is jacked up to 10 and any request to make your life easier (work-related or otherwise) is met with tremendous doubt - what's it going to cost the company, etc. It's awful.

flask likes this.
  19. I'm really sorry to hear that. I know what you're talking about though: my old boss used to CRY when I asked for my paycheck to be on time. And the list just goes on.

No "bad apples", either. I have yet to be employed by a small business where things like this never happened.

20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

My large grocery company that should be obvious but will remain nameless cut hours despite our profits increasing TEN FOLD in the last ten months.

21. sam_might_say

Which one? If you don’t mind me asking

22. flask

Trusted Supporter

Augies. They had a few shops in the IE. The owners mentioned multiple times that they didnt have enough money to pay employees but then they hired a PR firm for damage control and also tried to open a brand new wine bar.

23. sam_might_say

Oh! Never been but I remember seeing that controversy on Instagram

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

25. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Awful. Hope he's convicted.