Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 505

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. It's why I've stayed the fuck out of the Notes on a Conditional Form thread since that aggravating shit he tweeted around the start of the pandemic.

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Phoebe hasn’t posted about Pinegrove in a while though from what I have seen, so maybe her position has changed. Matty Healy though, if they’re his “favorite band” I doubt he’ll ever stop posting about them.

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"maybe her position has changed" you dumbass, be consistent

nohandstoholdonto and phaynes12 like this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

My point was just maybe she got more information and knows not to support them anymore. Obviously I could be wrong, but it’s been a while since she’s said anything about them which is good.

5. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

sorry the "dumbass" thing was out of line, i just hate speculating on an artist's silence, like anything could be anything

Philll, phaynes12 and ItsAndrew like this.
  6. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

and for most ppl the pitchfork article will be the official narrative about pinegrove which sucks ass but i like... can't cancel anyone over it, personally

7. It'saDoneDeal Jan 16, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 16, 2021)
    It'saDoneDeal

Vibing

I can't help but think it's selective outrage. I mean, The Beatles have an active topic on this forum, and with John Lennon they are hell of a lot more problematic than Pinegrove. I guess because the abuse happened decades ago it doesn't matter as much?

8. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

It's absolutely appropriate to discuss the actions of bands from that time period because a lot of them were very problematic. That being said, Pinegrove still has an active platform from which they can harm more people. John Lennon does not.

9. aliens exist

pure on main

CDgZs2m.png

10. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Its not selective outrage. There are plenty of known abusers that are active topics on this board. Also just because you think what John Lennon did was worse means we can't discuss whats problematic about pinegrove?

11. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I think it falls back to what most people think around here: if you want to listen to problematic artists, fine. Just don’t post about it. Especially when you write a song about them being problematic.

lettersandnumbers and Carrow like this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Everyone listen to Great Grandpa they are the best

13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

well,

Carrow, Aregala and tyramail like this.
  14. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

I am?!

15. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

lol hi Bri

16. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I sure am! I use a toothbrush to clean mine. Wbu?

17. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I know you can't judge a book by its cover but this is uh... surprising.
    Been a while since I've listened to her but just based on her sound I wouldn't have placed her in the MAGA /pol/ circle.

18. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

FF4F81A7-291D-4502-940C-562B56036AC9.jpeg

Yvette :/

Carrow likes this.
  19. fbrrocks

Trusted

Fuck bow wow and meek mills

20. fbrrocks

Trusted

21. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

stupid selfish idiots with no self awareness or maybe they just don’t care. I swear some people live on a different planet than the rest of us.

22. Gianni

Trusted

As someone who works in the hospitality industry and has had to work throughout the whole pandemic while trying to stay safe, I can tell you it is definitely the latter. They just don't give a shit, and that's why we all feel like this pandemic will never fucking end.

I'm also in Houston, where it blows my mind how many people are just going about their daily lives like the pandemic disappeared. I'm sure some of the clowns that attended these events this past weekend stayed at my hotel too, which is even scarier. *goes immediately to sanitize every surface I walk by*.

23. Not specifically music related, but since it's Mark Trombino and all their donuts are named after bands, I'd say it's relevant. They still work with a lot of bands for cross promotion.

24. I don't think I've ever heard anything about Donut Friend (to this day) except through music and people in music so I think this is perfectly appropriate for this thread, personally. Just my two cents.

Union busting is despicable. And to do it now, of all times... nope.

25. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Oh, fuck them. That’s a shame. I liked that place

EDIT: To clarify, “fuck them” as in fuck Donut Friend and Mark Trombino