Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 503

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Contender, Carrow and Anthony_ like this.
  2. beauisfearless Jan 13, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 13, 2021)
    beauisfearless

Regular Supporter

No worries, if he does suffer from mental illness, he feels like he does not belong anywhere on daily basis. What a wonderful feeling it must be.

Recently my friend with a similar disorder and behavior shared his story to me. Some stranger (male) r*p*d him when he was 10-yr old. (I never seen his tears before, but I saw them that evening). This fact had an enormous impact on his persona, and no one knew the reason why sometimes he is such a toxic narc. Now I know. And maybe a few ppl too. I know this because he like 30, and as Dylan Baldi from Cloud Nthngs said – "psychic trauma returns with age". And it haunted him again, and this time he could not keep it in, he had to let it all out in order to save his life. I'm pretty sure otherwise he would kill himself. He's not the best guy sometimes, and besides toxicity there was a depression. Not a clinical one, but it wasn't "just a bad day" either.

So... that knowledge... helped me to understand how lucky I am, with all my "traumas" from mom not really believing I will make it as a rockstar to my dad being too strict w/ me. It helped me to understand that ppl who make other ppl unhappy may be super traumatized. Like, for real.

For sure, he traumatized Charlie. And this is f-ing awful. And it sucks there is no apology in the statement.

And still, it's not funny or OK to react "lol" / "he's pulling the mental card" / etc to the news telling us he went to hospital after another suicide attempt. Such approach will lead us into beautiful darkness, where moral and ethic questions will look more like a game, then something else. Illness is not the choice.

I wrote this with all respect to the ppl posting here. Just my opinion.

P.S. And sorry if there are some mistakes in my post. Not a native speaker.

3. tyramail Jan 13, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 13, 2021)
    tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I would never laugh or make light of someone being hospitalized for a suicide attempt. However, making a statement following abuse allegations which included no apology, but comes right out of the gate about his own mental health, will 100% seem disingenuous to me. His mental health is absolutely zero excuse and/or justification to abuse another and frankly, if he’s not starting out with an apology or taking ownership of his actions, I really don’t care about his mental health regarding his statement. Women do not need to bear the brunt of men’s refusal or lack of getting help. I understand mental health making someone do things they otherwise wouldn’t, however, I do not think that changes whether they know it’s wrong or right. They know it’s wrong, but they engage in destructive behaviors towards others...if you want my empathy, you need to show some sort of remorse, not a self serving statement.

edit: I should clarify, I absolutely do think there are mental health circumstances in which people do not know wrong from right, but I do not think he is one of them

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, we already know that abuse is cyclical, and what happened to him when he was young sounds awful, but that in no way excuses him from his actions

He needs to take some personal responsibility for it. It’s good that he is seeking professional help but he hasn’t once even just apologised, and for me that made the whole thing come across as one big deflection from his own actions.

tyramail likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

8. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

jesus

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Edit: For context on the Q Anon thing, in case anyone wanted the details:

10. stars143

Trusted

Carrow likes this.
  11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Would love if the allegations stuck one of these times.

13. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

wow? these guys???? trash?????????? whoever could have seen this coming

[​IMG]

14. DarkHotline

I mean, his band has dudes hold assault rifles on stage with them

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Also saw this in the comments of the Jared Leto tweet about Good Charlotte:

Which led me to find out this which...what the fuck:

sonder and Carrow like this.
  17. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I’m beyond curious as to what member of Reel Big Fish this was

18. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Byeeeeeee

Carrow likes this.
  19. Trump supporters showing their asses on Twitter? I, for one, am shocked.

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Many Rooms has shown their ass so many times, this latest revelation isn’t surprising to me in the least

21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I also read through the replies on the Leto tweet. Absolutely fuck him. I’m gutted I ever supported his band a decade ago.

An unrelated note to the tweets: but I remember hearing he would send like dead animals in the mail to people on cast with him? Not sure the validity to that but god he’s the fucking worst.

SlackerChick likes this.
  22. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

some real brainworms in the replies here

23. DarkHotline

DCD7EA92-FDED-4F6A-9D07-2AE7A594E7C5.jpeg

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Viola Davis says Jared Leto sent the 'Suicide Squad' cast a dead pig
    'Suicide Squad': Jared Leto sent Will Smith anal beads and used condoms

I don't know if I heard about the pig poor Viola she doesn't deserve that