Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 446

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

2. Dog Fish

Mutt

They're in alphabetical order

ItsAndrew likes this.
  3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Mary V and Contender like this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

That Tory Lanez/Megan thing is one of the weirdest celebrity stories I can think of in recent memory

St. Nate likes this.
  8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

The Frights

10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

"For Lil Wayne’s “Shimmy,” a track featuring Cat on the deluxe edition of his latest album “Funeral,” Dr. Luke used the name Loctor Duke."

Loctor Duke. Loctor. Duke. My gosh. If he weren't a fucking scumbag, I'd almost appreciate the audacity of that.

theasteriskera, Zilla and emojedi like this.
  11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Fuckkkkk Dr. Luke co-wrote Wishing Well? Damnit, I've been playing the shit out of that song all week. I'm so naive, I would've just assumed he'd be blackballed from the industry at this point.

13. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

If Chris Brown can still put out hits in 2020, Dr. Luke can do the same. Sad times.

14. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

The entertainment industries are built for abuse and insulating abusers from consequence. It's harder to root people like R. Kelly, Weinstein, Dr. Luke out than if they were in government or even tech. It's not like these guys have boardrooms or voters. Who's gonna hold them accountable? Certainly not the law, and it appears the majority of consumers are unwilling to for now as well. Sad times indeed.

incognitojones likes this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It all goes back to capitalism. As long as you're still a moneymaker despite what you've done, you're protected. It's that simple.

16. Maddy

Regular

Nailed it here. Also why abuses committed by bands with major label backers are much less talked about with paid for PR machines.

18. Crisp X Jul 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2020)
    I didn't expect to wake up to this but Dua is getting a lot of heat for this tweet

edit:

19. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

oh she should with it being a fascist belief.

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Joey Armstrong (Billie’s kid) from SWMRS

21. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Makes this statement from yesterday not age well.

22. Didn't even take a day for them to be shown up as massive hypocrites. Stand with Lydia Night and not these self-serving pricks. I've supported them in the past but I'll be watching to see if they do anything in response to Joey being called out on his shit.

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. The statement says the band as well as Joey's family (BJA, who's already become quite the jaded prick in the public eye) knew. Fuck SWMRS and fuck Billie Joe Armstrong.

24. Saw that upon rereading the statement. Fuck them.

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jul 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2020)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

tomdelonge likes this.