Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 443

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. helloiamzach

Regular

2. PauLo

43% Burnt

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i wouldn’t be surprised if the band members have individual non-disparagement agreements with each other. fuck him though.

4. janexo

Regular

the fact he posted this yesterday is fucking grim tbh.

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

“i’ll be seeing you all very soon”

rethink this

Mary V likes this.
  6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Imagine writing that the day you are convicted in court of assaulting your ex-fiance, in front of a child.

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

incognitojones and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. Nobody gives a fuck how their relations with the band were and they should prioritise deplatforming abusers over putting on a 'good show'. It's good that they shitcanned TSSB but I don't like that statement.

Mary V, VanMastaIteHab and ItsAndrew like this.
  9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I think they're trying to frame it as, we've worked with them before so we booked them again, did not hear about any of the allegations so now we've made the change.

Statements like that are best left to "After looking into these allegations, this band will no longer be playing our event." and absolutely nothing else.

10. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

2000 Trees is always a festival that thinks they're really woke by having some white women on the festival and calling it a day. They've blocked people before for calling them out for the lack of POCs on their line up and also re-book Frank Turner constantly even though he's a Tory shithead

Carrow likes this.
  11. ItsAndrew Jul 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 7, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I find it odd that some bands are delaying the release of their albums due to the Black Lives Matter movement and not wanting to take up space. Someone commented something similar to what I am saying in the news article thread about PVRIS delaying their album, and the delay just seems...kind of pointless and performative. Racism won't be over or any better in a month or two months or whenever you delay your album to. I think the notion of "delaying the album until a more normal time" is a bad outlook as things will never be normal regarding racism and Black Lives Matter and police brutality, or at least not anytime soon. This is an ongoing fight and you can't just stop your work for a little while and then proceed as if things are normal again. It's why I don't understand the bands/musicians/entertainment folks who were posting a lot during the height of the protests but are now silent and not doing as much protesting/advocating/sharing resources/etc. or are delaying their albums but not putting in the work to help out re: Black Lives Matter.

12. username

hey you lil piss baby

Yes, I’ve been so frustrated by the whole delaying an album an extra thing. I understand the sentiment (even if it feels performative) but the underlying sentiment is that everyone will all have moved on by that point. Just release your music instead of taking another non-action and instead use your platform to promote change rather than (or alongside, I guess) promoting your record.

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Exactly. I don't know if PVRIS has posted stuff on their stories but they made one post on Twitter and one on Instagram regarding Black Lives Matter, and those posts were over a month ago. There has been nothing since on their accounts (again, not sure about stories, but still) which makes this seem even more odd. If you're going to delay your album release, at least put in some work to help out with the Black Lives Matter movement instead of just staying silent for another month+.

14. biffbybiff

one last ride then it's night night forever

Yeah their singer has been posting quite a lot in her stories and out protesting, their bassist as well. Dunno about the guitarist (Alex, who I think had something about him posted in this thread or somewhere?). I'm black and a fan of their music but in addition to some who straight up are having a meltdown about the delay, I've seen some using the "it's a movement not a moment" line disingenuously as a cover to just complain about the delay as well. I'm tired

Carrow likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

That's good to hear they were posting a lot in their stories and out protesting!

Carrow likes this.
  16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Haven’t they already delayed this album a bunch to begin with?

17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

yes, which was their record company's doing, which was bc of the pandemic

Carrow likes this.
  18. BenSmith94

Trusted

More in-depth statement from Kasabian.

Attached Files:

19. BenSmith94

Trusted

Also, fuck Wil Wagner and The Smith Street Band.

Anthony_, solxace, Gallhammer and 5 others like this.
  20. Philll

Trusted

Oh man, that's super depressing

Cmoney86 likes this.
  21. Being a Trump supporter gives you brain worms, part 64677445677885

aliens exist likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So I deleted the SOAD post. Its fine to call artists out and stuff, but we don't need to see posts calling legitimate movements a hoax. The guy is a real shit head and doesn't need a platform here.

summertimejesus and RyanPm40 like this.
    summertimejesus and RyanPm40 like this.