Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 442

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. 333 GANG

ACAB

I agree with the latter argument, but I also absolutely understand wanting horrible people to suffer and/or die.

2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i think they’re saying it in terms of “only them” getting it. Which, of course, is unlikely to happen since they would definitely see other people and spread it. But I think the main thought of it is that only the people who put others at risk would be the ones to get it, “perfect world” scenario

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I can understand that sentiment.

333 GANG likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

How are these artists even getting shows booked? That’s crazy to me.

333 GANG likes this.
  5. chris

Trusted Supporter

I’m so fucking mad about that billboard PWR BTTM piece

incognitojones and Carrow like this.
  6. Bane

The spiciest meme

wow that article is a WHOLE ASS fuckin mess, good lord. Writer couldn't even get gender identities right when first posting it apparently either.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. chris

Trusted Supporter

Particularly this passage:
    completely ignoring the dynamics that allowed Weinstein to continue his abuse for so long vs. just how swift and unwilling that scene was to allow Ben to continue functioning within it is infuriating

incognitojones, Aaron Mook and Carrow like this.
  8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

So did most of America.

10. ItsAndrew Jul 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 3, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Musician Ryan Adams reveals he's sober as he pens raw apology | Daily Mail Online

For anyone not wanting to give DailyMail a click:

11. Bane

The spiciest meme

oh lovely

12. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Getting sober is a good choice. Really hope he continues down that path, you know, off stage. Alone. By himself. Away from victims. If "this time is different" why can't it be different without the op-ed and the attention he so clearly craves, like....idgi. The refusal to pack up, go home, and let us forget about you is a hallmark of abusers looking to reclaim their power and continue to victimize people. It's so transparent. Please just go away lol i am BEGGING

13. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

14. teel

Regular

15. Philll

Trusted

Also don't need to know about how many songs he's written "to get through it". The whole schtick of "im just so EMOTIONAL and writing this MUSIC is the only way I can EXPRESS MYSELF" is literally from the playbook of what got him here in the first place. If he was honestly doing it differently this time then he would drop the tortured artist shit for good.

Carrow and skogsraet like this.
  16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I feel like all of the things he says about himself in that statement are completely negated by the form it took, which is basically a thinly veiled PR announcement that he's been recording a lot of songs and will most likely be releasing something sooner rather than later, something which will come as no surprise to anybody who is even remotely familiar with the guy and how he operates.

That was a very convoluted sentence, and I couldn't think of a better way to express what I was trying to say, but basically if what he were saying about himself were true we wouldn't be reading about it like this.

mad likes this.
  18. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

That song is about her father.

ItsAndrew, Cameron, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

For sure. I’m just drawing a parallel there.

20. Just dropping a casual reminder in here that Ryan Adams engaged in phone sex with a 14 year old. That alone should be enough to ensure he doesn't get to make a comeback.

K0ta, bodkins, BenSmith94 and 16 others like this.
  21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

queen

23. Bane

The spiciest meme

Only thing is did the Today show literally spring that up on her without prior off air talk? "I'm gonna ask you something I was kinda reluctant to" then maybe don't in a way that's trapping her live on air? She answered it with grace but geez

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Aregala like this.
  24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

kinda cooled on mandy with all the mayor Pete and chasten stuff but dang, she is so poised. she rules.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum