Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. oldboot

Regular

One thing I will say is that I'm sure a lot of these people in bands with abusers are in a tough situation. Abusers are going to go through every length possible to cover up what they're doing. They know it's wrong and even if they don't think it's wrong they know it's illegal. It's entirely believable to me that Dan wouldn't know that Kyle's dad was flirting with little girls. I mean, I live downstairs from my lifelong best friend and I barely know anything about his insanely happy marriage...I'm sure those with malicious intentions are going to do everything possible to cover up the abusive parts of their personal lives. Just something to think about before we all get the pitchforks out for every band member in bands that have abusers in them. For the good people in bands with shitty people this must be insanely difficult as well.

MikeyPaine likes this.
  2. OhTheWater Nov 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2017)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Tbf, the bands aren't the victims in these situations. A lot of people are aware that other band members don't know. If the band ends due to collateral damage of a member being an abuser, so be it. Better than continued abuse

3. oldboot

Regular

Oh absolutely and that wasn't my point at all.

4. heaththehorizon

Regular

There's a Billboard interview with Lyman about the end of the tour and he had the balls to say that sexual abuse didn't happen on his tour.

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Fuck him. Wow.

incognitojones likes this.
  6. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I just read it and I'm so fumed. I don't care if a professional therapist says it's okay, you giving an abuser like FPS a second chance to play on a exclusive date IS HAVING SEXUAL HARASSMENT INVOLVED IN YOUR TOUR.

What kind of scene leader reintroduces predators to their prey? I even remember that it wasn't even announced (if i recall correctly), he just showed up one day on a random date and the statement about it came after. Even if it was announced, imagine how unethical that is? What if someone felt unsafe about it and had to cancel their tour date 2 days in advanced to not go? Something they were looking forward to all year? Imagine not knowing at all and seeing the predator everyone was talking about across the field?

like its not hard for a predator to fake improvements for a day so they can "redeem themselves" and have people trust him again. ugh. I'm getting mad about it all over again.

Joe4th and incognitojones like this.
  7. Joshua

Regular

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  8. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I wonder how Kevin Lyman fucking sleeps at night, I honestly do. To be so full of shit all the time. Just bold faced lie after lie, condescending to anyone who dares question him. Sorry, this isn’t constructive, he just makes me so angry. No one has ever made me feel smaller or like my work was more pointless than this asshole.

9. He embodies so many things I hate about Trump.

10. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Driver? Isn’t that Kyle’s father? Ugh.

11. septimus

With Confidence have been dropped from UNIFY fest.

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

FTank, thenewtypetheory and cwhit like this.
  13. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

First I’m hearing of this. Anyone have insight?

14. Tweet looks deleted.

15. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Looks like original tweet was deleted but replies remain in tact. UK pop punk fb group discussing Jeremy of Touché:

16. jjnunn118 Nov 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2017)
    jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

If anyone has other ideas please speak up, especially since I'm a male who's never faced these kinds of issues, but I think it's best for this thread to be a platform for victims to come forward and for us to share victims stories as opposed to sharing rumors people might have heard.

Please don't think this is me attacking you, because we're all on the same side here. Just trying to keep this thread civil and credible.

Also sorry if this comes off weird, please let me know if I'm being unreasonable or condescending or anything weird. That is not my intention

17. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

While I agree, I moreso meant if anyone here that may be in the UKPP group had seen anything (specifically victim stories) related to this as I am not in said FB group.

I completely agree on avoiding a witch hunt.

jjnunn118 likes this.
  18. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I currently have a pending application for that group to see if it's still up but I doubt it's anything worthwhile.

maryp1603 likes this.
  19. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

That makes sense, I've been checking Twitter religiously for anything on this specific allegation but there's nothing but this one tweet.

maryp1603 and bradpetrik like this.
  20. mymusicalsyn

Stand Up Sweater Gang

Thanks for posting this one. Too many people have been giving Swans a pass after what Michael did, and it makes me sick.

21. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I have not seen anything during periodic checks so I'm going with the assumption it wasn't true.

22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the sick part is that he even admitted that there was a "misunderstanding in consent" and people just believe that means she's lying. really gross stuff

23. mymusicalsyn

Stand Up Sweater Gang

This is a listening guide to Swans, posted in February of this year. The comments are so nonchalant, and seemingly ignorant to what Michael did. It's sick that they still have a fan base.

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

25. mymusicalsyn

Stand Up Sweater Gang