Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 393

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Ok, but are we 100% Timbuktu is real?

tyramail likes this.
  2. PauLo

43% Burnt

Saskatoon sounds like it could have been a funny name Krusty says in the Homie The Clown episode of The Simpsons

3. BenSmith94

Trusted

Stop it, you're killing me! HAHAHAHAHA Seattle

tshreve, PauLo and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Kanye is garbage and I’m so goddamn sick of him getting a pass. It’s infuriating.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Dr Luke is still on his bullshit

for those who don't know in addition to being a creep he , for example, gave Pink a beat he had already used with The Veronicas

7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I love Skylar Spence

OotyPa likes this.
  8. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I'm confused about the plagiarism accusation given the state of music copyright is widely acknowledged to be overly broad in favor of plaintiffs

9. Dog Fish

Mutt

You must be joking. Don't be ridiculous.

10. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

How in the hell is this problematic and why do you seem to continually post things in this thread that do not belong? I love you as a friend, but please use this thread to discuss actual important topics of assault and violence against marginalized people, not geography errors. Come on.

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I meant to delete my post beforehand, but I'll do it now!

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think Skylar said he didn't have the money to sue and believes he would lose if he tried.

14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

ItsAndrew likes this.
  15. socklord

Trusted

I've also heard that the Neck Deep vocalist called a crowd "retards" at a show on at least one occasion, which is big yikes

Carrow likes this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

honestly at this point i'm more shocked when vocalists from that scene don't show their bare asses as morons than when they do. it's genuinely fucking depressing.

socklord and Mary V like this.
  17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Not Sam, Matt, or Seb.

The member who sent nudes to the girl, Fil, is out of the band. It was sketchy as hell cause he was like 4 years older than her at the time but they seemed to have an amicable relationship in her account of events. Lloyd was the one who was harrassing her cause he got her Snapchat.

The extent that the rest of the band is involved is that they were in the background of a video call Fil had. Dani is the only guy still in in the band who was implicated in that situation (I think he told the girl to flash the band on a video call, which is still shitty, but he was 19 at the time, so the age thing isn't as bad as it could've been.)

I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm defending them, and I respect the people who've dismissed the band for this, but saying "every member" has allegations is kinda misleading.

18. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

There was other allegations, they were posted in here at the same time as this

Joe4th likes this.
  19. SamLevi11 Mar 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 5, 2020)
    SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I think what he is trying to say is two of the band members weren't in the band at the time, that two of the members have been got rid of since, and West & Ben weren't implicated (I don't know if this last bit is true I'm just going off what he said)?

Dani definitely was though.

The Ben stuff is a weird one because he does seem to want to learn, but he does have a habit of saying really stupid shit.

20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

my recollection was that the vocalist was the only one in the band at the time that wasn’t implicated in that specific incident

Jake W and Carrow like this.
  21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly have no idea, I'm just going off what that poster said. I'll admit I also thought West wasn't involved but I wouldn't stake anything on it.

22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Fukk Dr. Luke. Why couldnt Doja go with a different producer? Sucks a whole lot.

Btw, Skylar Spence is a fantastic musician and deserves all the support he can get. If you havent heard of him before, check out the song Fiona Coyne as well as the rest of his incredible album Prom King. So hyped for his next one supposedly coming soon.

23. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Not to derail the thread but, in case you missed it, he released a great album under his old alias last summer

24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I thought he dropped that name for legal reasons. Weird he’d release an album under it and not put it on streaming unless he purposefully wanted to keep it under wraps. Anyway, thanks for sharing-hyped to listen

thenewmatthewperry and yung_ting like this.
  25. He both is and isn't Saint Pepsi depending on whom you ask, he dropped it for legal reasons and puts out his 'official' stuff as Skylar Spence. And while we're on the subject, Dr Luke can go fuck himself with a rake.

solxace likes this.