Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 375

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. KalValor

Regular

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ve been following the Scientology/Masterson thing for a bit, and it’s completely crazy. Cedric and his family must be terrified.

3. Seeing that Pinegrove are playing two nights in Dublin and have sold out the first just bums me the fuck out. The narrative has been rewritten and the fact they took a year off has apparently redeemed them in most people's eyes. Shit sucks.

solxace, Mary V, Aregala and 4 others like this.
  4. soundclash

Regular

Just getting caught up on this thread and I can’t believe I didn’t realize Halsey used the BN sample. I thought the backlash would’ve been the almost-lyrics of theirs she used (“wish I could see what it’s like to be the blood in my veins”). But she also used lyrics from “Cry Me a River” so there’s two samples/interpolations/whatever music term from gross men. Not a good look from someone who should absolutely know better.

solxace and Carrow like this.
  5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

solxace likes this.
  6. bennjeff

Regular

It’s weird to me that NPR is fine promoting Pinegrove just because the victim hasn’t publicly stated she doesn’t want the band to continue. She probably doesn’t want to be harassed online over it. Shitty they don’t seem to care

Carrow likes this.
  7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I think it’s kinda lame Halsey got a lot of backlash and media attention for making a dumb joke and got almost no criticism for the BN sample

8. soundclash

Regular

Honestly, that was my favorite song of BN’s and I didn’t even notice it was used until I read this thread. I was only listening on Spotify so I hadn’t seen the album notes, either. But either way, I won’t be returning to that album. Don’t know what she was thinking using it.

Carrow likes this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It's honestly disgusting and I'm still almost in a state of disbelief that she actually did it.

10. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Agreed.

Can anyone break down the additional stuff about Pinegrove for me? The initial situation ruined their music for me but I'm wondering what everyone here knows that most people aren't aware of. Thanks.

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. Anthony_

1. The survivor that we know about is not happy with them being "back" and does not like how they've handled coming back.

2. There are other survivors that have not come forward.

That's really it in a nutshell

12. Record shops stocking music made by a predator and his enablers isn't something they always get a choice in but putting them on for shows (as Rough Trade shops have done) or promoting them like this is tacit endorsement and how to lose a customer in one easy step. I've shopped at Tower Records in Dublin for years but I'll never darken their door again. 20200125_162524.jpg

solxace likes this.
  13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Contender, maryp1603, ChaseTx and 3 others like this.
  14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

“I don’t care about a women’s opinion” is definitely accurate.

elphshelf, mercury, FTank and 10 others like this.
  15. Sorry Jake, you're a nonce, you don't get opinions on anything never mind a woman's right to choose.

16. God I wish he’d shut the fuck up

sonder, fbrrocks, Blainer93 and 8 others like this.
  17. 333 GANG

ACAB

Launch that piece of shit into the fucking sun

18. Dog Fish

Mutt

Is it accurate/true that the survivor initially asked him to stay low for a year, and after that time was up, she 'didn't care what he did?'

19. Anthony_

no

20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Penguin, mercury, FTank and 9 others like this.
  21. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I posted those screenshots on my IG story and got a “100” reaction from him. He’s the worst.

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. Dog Fish

Mutt

Was there something said remotely similar to that, or was it a lie?

23. 333 GANG

ACAB

I genuinely hope very bad things happen to this frontporchstep scumbag

Carrow likes this.
  24. flask

Trusted Supporter

I see he found jesus and grew the hip hillsong christian beard.

25. atlas

Trusted

FPS is the living, breathing definition of posting through it