Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 372

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. They would. It may suck to hear that. But they do. You can change that and realize it’s not the politics but yourself that matters ... but it’s up to you.

2. Thanks everyone, it really means a lot. I'm struggling to come up with a reply hence the delay. I'll just say that when you discover an artist and everything is still new and exciting, I can't think of anything else that fills me with this much joy. That's the feeling I'm constantly craving, and that I don't ever want to lose. Concerning this specific band, it doesn't matter anymore as it's all tainted. I don't want this experience to turn me off from smaller scale music scenes forever though, but I remain angry and jaded.

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Jake is the guitarist of Sleep On It. This isn’t the first time he’s been involved in drama/I’ve heard stuff.

DarkHotline likes this.
  4. atlas

Trusted

I feel like there’s some context missing there but that just seems like whoever that guy is being sort of a dick and not anything to hold someone “accountable” for

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I was more so looking at it from the angle of him calling someone a bitch just because they dislike his band. I don't think it's appropriate to call someone, especially a woman, a bitch, regardless of the context. The context is just a list some girl posted on Twitter of bands she "refuses to see in 2020".

6. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Jake and I are in some of the same circles here in Chicago so we cross paths quite a bit, so I'd like to see what this is referring to.

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

8. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

honestly asking cuz i have no clue, what did free throw do

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Nothing as far as I know. I don't know the reasons for this list, but it's the persons opinion and someone from one of the bands calling them a bitch is unnecessary (especially since they are a girl).

10. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

The person says in the twitter thread these are just bands they don’t enjoy except Neck Deep.

marioeatworld likes this.
  11. username

hey you lil piss baby

Just gonna go out on a limb and say this feels like a weird misuse of this thread

swboyd, smowashere, yung_ting and 4 others like this.
  12. atlas

Trusted

ye I made that post completely forgetting what thread I was in and it's dumb/not relevant so deleted

13. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Just catching up with some of the last few posts in this thread and I'm sorry that you're having to deal with all that--you deserve so much better and FUCK HIM

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  14. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Yeahhh so I asked for clarification because it seemed odd it was posted here. If that's all it was, and Jake ended up just overreacting and saying something he shouldn't have, it seems like not the biggest deal in the world.

15. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I haven’t seen this discussed here yet, but Halsey thanked Brand New in the liner notes of her new album and sampled them in a song on Manic. Photo attached of my vinyl. Pretty disappointed.

Attached Files:

16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Big yikes

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

She’s probably unaware.....hopefully

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I highly doubt she is. She's well-versed enough in the "scene" that she absolutely knows what happened.

19. Anthony_

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wow

21. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

I can’t fathom an artist being so into Brand New that they thank them in the liner notes of an album in 2020, while also not being aware of what Jesse did. Doesn’t square.

22. Anthony_ Jan 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 21, 2020)
    Anthony_

she also sampled them on the record, meaning they likely made money off of it

trash

Joe4th, incognitojones and ChaseTx like this.
  23. Anthony_

Can’t wait for young Halsey fans who don’t know any better to get introduced to Brand New through this, absolutely brilliant decision on her part

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Incredibly disappointing

25. I’m gutted