Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 349

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't even get what he's trying to say. Like, sorry these bands didn't want to be on your stupid festival, but it's not about them being in "their little community" (whatever that means), it's that you are pissed these bands never wanted to be a part of your festival. Plain and simple. These bands never needed Warped. These bands are headlining fairly large rooms now (and Modern Baseball was set to on their tour they were set to embark on before their hiatus). They are doing fine without Warped. They also can tour with whoever they want and associate/not associate with whomever they choose.

Also, on the subject of Warped... Attila's Chris Fronzak Has a Plan to Resurrect Warped Tour

Fronz can shut the fuck up anytime now. I don't care how good his business idea is, let this fucking terrible music festival die and let it never see the light of day ever again.

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Also:

3. “Little community”

I just think some bands didn’t want to be associated with that shitty fucking tour. And hearing from people that it might come back next year under something/someone else makes me want to puke.

solxace, ItsAndrew and CarpetElf like this.
  4. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

The only good Warped has been of the Crash Bandicoot variety

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Lyman’s comments read like a Trump quote to me.

Snoblin likes this.
  6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

None of the bands mentioned there have “shot themselves in the foot” by not doing Warped. What is this twitter rando even saying.

7. Windowsdown

Touché Amoré was playing SlamDunk this year and it's basically the UK's version of Warped Tour, with all its issues (old dudes behaving like shit, drunk minors, shady afterparties, minors being invited to the VIP area, etc). I love the band but let's be coherent for a minute.

8. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

that's not really the point though, is it?

bachna84 and Carrow like this.
  9. Windowsdown

Lyman is an asshole and it's probably a good thing that Warped Tour is dead (never been, I'm in Europe, so...), but refusing to be associated with a festival for "ideological" reasons and playing its spiritual successor is weird, it's all I'm saying.

Snoblin likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Is MEB at the end of that username for Mind Equals Blown lol?

11. SamLevi11 Nov 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 13, 2019)
    SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry but Slam Dunk is nowhere near Warped Tour's level of shitty. It doesn't even come close.

It has issues for sure, them inviting Moose Blood on as third from top under Jimmy Eat World in 2017 was a shit move (something Riot Fest also did), but in respect to some of the other points, honestly find me a UK based festival where there aren't drunk minors, that's kind of just how it goes over here. I'm not saying it is right or wrong, just saying it's more an issue with British culture than Slam Dunk...

By contrast Warped Tour is a shitshow with people like Ronnie Radke, Fronz, that dickhead from Emmure, FPS, etc, all getting free passes, with multiple accounts of harrassment and abuse happening at the festival, and is run by fucking Kevin Lyman.

Carrow and janexo like this.
  12. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I would say that for the most part, no band is ideologically pure. Concessions will be made to survive in an industry that is fairly rotten inside and out. No one is ever going to be 100% perfect, but taking some stands is better than none at all.

For instance, La Dispute is near and dear to my heart as a Michigan native. I feel that they've done an incredible job of keeping their ethics front and center. They refused to play Warped from the beginning due to the issues with the festival, consistently bring out diverse support bands, donate to various charities and work to spotlight and give a platform to under privileged people in their hometown community. I'm sure we could pick apart every choice they've ever made and find something to be unhappy about, but overall, they're doing what a lot of bands actively refuse to do.

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

At least if Fronz resurrects Warped Tour it'll finally be upfront about how toxic and shitty it truly is

333 GANG, Mary V and Carrow like this.
  14. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Yeah but just because he says "suck my fuck" and drops casual f** bombs and is an adulterer who didn't want to pay alimony who built a career on exploitation and being a bully doesn't make him a bad person.... /s

15. turns out nothing makes anyone a ~bad person~ if you vaguely like what they create

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, and that guy used to be a writer for Alternative Press.

OhTheWater likes this.
  18. as a former writer for Alternative Press myself

lol

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The drummer of Palaye Royale has an interesting (bad) opinion on voting in elections...

20. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

That's real stupid because even if he was right the most you would lose is what? A couple hours. What an entitled loser.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  21. Tiny Engines are such cowards. Pendant and specifically Pendant getting shafted in terms of promo the week their album comes out because TE ran and hid rather than do anything for them in the midst of it coming out that they've fucked over Adult Mom. They have a duty as Chris's label to promote his record they're not upholding because of how bad they've been made look through their own faults and mishandling of a bad situation. It's all so fucked.

dadbolt, Anthony_, sonder and 2 others like this.
  22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That is horrible. Also could be another breach of contract depending on what their contract says about promotion responsibilities?

Carrow likes this.
  23. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

So I preordered Somos' new record through Tiny Engines, but given how Phil has passed away and that this band truly deserves support is it better to keep the preorder? I just don't want to hurt artists that deserve my money but I'm not sure how to go about this. Input appreciated.

24. owenlongsworth

Regular

Do what feels right to you, there’s really no right or wrong answer for this type of situation.

K0ta likes this.
  25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Weren't all the funds from that album going to a charity or something after they covered Phil's expenses?