Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 347

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This is all extremely sad and disappointing.

2. towards top shelf

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

AHHHHHH HAHAHA EMO IS DEAD MOTHERFUCKERS

Contender and teebs41 like this.
  5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

So how do we handle that comment Stevie (Adult Mom) made about Christian being the worst person ever? There’s obviously something that has been going on but we don’t know any details. Is this something to potentially stop supporting The Hotelier over?

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Feel like you cant be on both sides here lol

HatingEveryMinute and dadbolt like this.
  8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This is all super weird and I’m going to wait for more information before I talk about “stop supporting” Christian or The Hotelier. Up until this point I feel like he’s been afforded the benefit of the doubt.

9. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

i have heard not great things about christian from people years ago

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Justin Bieber is at the KSI vs. Logan Paul boxing match because of course he is.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

....what is this sentence

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

KSI and Logan Paul are fighting for the second time and they showed Justin Bieber a little bit ago in the crowd. Disappointing he is supporting Logan Paul after Logan has shown himself to be a terrible person, but not surprising since Justin has supported shitty people in the past such as Chris Brown.

13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’ve never “heard” a thing. And he was very instrumental in the whole JJR stuff so I am going to wait to see more

Carrow likes this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah. I know nothing about Christian being a part of problematic things, do you have a source?

Carrow and seimagery like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm just surprised that Justin Bieber and Logan Paul are different people because they have the same weird haircut

bachna84 and ItsAndrew like this.
  16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

very upsetting. these labels and artists mean a lot to me.

17. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Feel likes it’s important to remember you can not like someone and not get along with them but that doesn’t mean they’re an abusive person or something. There are tons of men in this corner of the scene I literally hate but that doesn’t mean they need to be “cancelled.” More context needed for sure before jumping to any conclusion.

18. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Also to be clear though, Christian’s response sucks ass and sounds exactly like the kind of “I know the language of anti-capitalism and social justice and use it as a tactic” bullshit I see from tons of dudes on twitter. It doesn’t really matter whether Chuck is a mess or not- he is a criminal because he breached a contract that he created and signed. You think that “mess” wouldn’t have sued any of his artists for breaching contract?

19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Also Christian’s thread comes off a little mansplain-y doesn’t it, like “I understand that AM is upset but here’s the real deal about how this works.”

incognitojones and KidLightning like this.
  20. Anthony_

Additionally, it truly doesn’t matter how messy or disorganized TE’s management is. Like nothing Christian said in that thread makes any difference whatsoever. Your motives for breaching a contract don’t matter one bit, if they have really failed to provide statements and pay royalties pursuant to the contract language then that’s a breach, regardless of if it was an innocent mistake or not. If the breach is material, the non-breaching party can consider the contract void. This is something that would have to play out in court but I would personally assume failing to comply with terms about providing royalty statements and payouts is a material breach. I just hope Stevie has enough money to see this through to the end. Lawsuits aren’t cheap.

22. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Christian is still yammering on Twitter. Maybe trying to backpedal now? But also not really.

Must be nice to not really actively give a shit that your label owes you (and others, who actually need it) money.

23. HatingEveryMinute

2005 OMEA runner up in triangle solo

idk kinda just look like he's adding more detail to his previous point. Only tweet he disagreed with AM was about professionalism

24. Anthony_

Nothing he's saying has any bearing on the situation related to the contract though. It truly does not matter what the circumstances were, or the context, or whatever. If they breached the contract they breached the contract. That's something that will be decided in court, but based on the details that we have (AM gave TE a 30-day notice, they missed it even with an extra day) it definitely sounds like they did.

tyramail and Carrow like this.
  25. zorbed Nov 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2019)
    zorbed

Regular Supporter

Male privilege thoughts I had:

1) "I empathize with Adult Mom and hope things get resolved but do they have to be so <em>mean</em> when responding to people providing context to the situation? Lashing out doesn't help!"

Then after realizing that someone who has been victimized by their label has a right to be mad, deserves room to be mad when others insert themselves into the situation, and that those inserting themselves should just say "I stand with Adult Mom, this shit needs to be sorted out" instead of rationalizing and protecting the wrongdoer:

2) "I really hope that Restorations doesn't make a statement because I don't want it to be the wrong kind of statement. They're my favorite band so I don't want to be disappointed in them."

I finally knocked that shit off and decided to do something. I love Tiny Engines and their roster. I pay a monthly subscription on Bandcamp to support the label and get digital access to all their releases. I cancelled the subscription and emailed them that I won't renew it unless they make things right and/or relinquish rights to the masters. It sucks but the label I believed in isn't the label in reality.