Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 328

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

2. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

WTF. If someone in their camp was behind the wheel of the van when that happened, I hope they get the book thrown at them. And I know Canada is pretty harsh on alcohol related incidents behind the wheel to the point where a lot of US band members can't get in if they have a DWI/DUI in their past...

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wow what the fuck

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Holy shit. Whoever was driving needs their ass kicked out and get maximum penalty because that’s fucking awful.

5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

6. razorburn

Trusted

7. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Damn that's awful. Just curious idk how that works but why are they saying "believed to be drunk"? Wouldn't they know right after a breathalyzer or is just because that information can't be released right away?

supernovagirl likes this.
  8. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

[​IMG]

For reference, this is in response to him repeatedly supporting several abusers, one in particular being asia argento who was photographed in bed with a minor she had been grooming since childhood. I had personally approached him, very repsectfully wanting to have a discussion about alyship since the subject matter was something he and I had discussed face to face quite a few times over the years. I had even trusted him enough to open up to him about my own experiences with abuse, harrasment and a lot of other personal things pertaining to the subject. His initial response was to call me and other "shitty ignorant women" and accuse me of "making things about yourself" when the first respectful outreach was attempted. I've pretty much stayed quiet on the matter and haven't said anything to him since but some people, as you can see, still take issue to the way he chose to respond and treat survivors who trusted him enough to be open abou ttheir experiences with him because he posed himself as a safe space and an ally, this is his latest.

-edit: I blanked out the op even though the comments are still public.

9. That’s awful.

10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

It really bums me out that Matt is like that, spent a good chunk of my life listening to his music and this really makes me not want to anymore.

11. BenSmith94

Trusted

Ah fuck that. What a piece of shit.

12. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

tbh im not yet ready to hate on whoever was driving that van like that until its revealed they were in fact impaired. regardless of whether they were driving drunk like a scumbag or it was just an accident it doesnt make the situation any less horrible.

13. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

In theory, but I think in this case the point is to pressure him into dropping the lawsuits.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

so they're just gonna carry on like nothing happened huh

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Does that actually surprise anyone? The predator should have been removed from the band immediately and far more action should have been taken, but they essentially shrugged the entire situation off when it happened.

17. Band with an unrepentant nonce deserve to have their career destroyed but that probably won't happen unless the fact he's a nonce is brought up repeatedly.

18. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Judging by their music, a drum machine would suffice

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

solxace and Zilla like this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Did Lupe delete that tweet, because I don't see it anywhere on his timeline.

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Lupe deletes tweets all the time

22. fbrrocks

Trusted

I love Lisa I agree and I’m seeing her right now

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

24. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

im so glad none of the bands i like have fans who do that windmill thing. i dont think its humanely possible for me to get drunk enough to want to do that shit.

i dont do pits much anymore, most shows i go to ppl are nice enough but being tall and skinny i have a weak center of gravity so get knocked around by pretty much every one. worst i ever got was getting dragged outside unconcsious from concussion so i give it a half honest effort to cut my losses.