Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 327

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly I’ve never gotten the hype over Blink on this website. Yeah, they’ve been at it for a long time and have been very popular among pop punk fans but...I just feel like there’s so many other (better) bands out there to support and devote time to, both musically and (the point of this thread) as human beings.

I won’t deny I do like some of their music but...nowhere near the extent a lot of people on this website do.

2. soundclash

Regular

the guy featured on i found away is from the band death in june. their wiki page is a good read.

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug

Carrow and CarpetElf like this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Idk if this was posted somewhere cause I've been busy but it's nice to hear. Holding publications accountable instead of specific musician but I dig it

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Anyone living with a musician should be credited for their emotional labor alone. Goes double for partners.

Zilla, supernovagirl and Mary V like this.
  6. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

soundclash and Carrow like this.
  7. Well I finally got banned from r/Metalcore for clowning As I Lay Dying. Fucking gatekeeper bullshit. No excuse for LITERAL ATTEMPTED MURDER.

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

dude people were like 8 years old when blink got huge. its quite simple why they're hyped. that was the first band that got a lot of people into music. like to say you dont get it is just ignorance, regardless how you feel about them.

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

sorry i dont really care about blink that much at all and this has nothing to do with the thread at large i just find it disingenuous to talk like its a great mystery why people are super into a band like that regardless of stuff members do or say or associate with

10. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

my jakey wakey has returned to me

Ken likes this.
  11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It's just my opinion, I don't think they warrant all the hype they get on this website. I personally feel like there are much better bands to support (not just musically but more so as human beings) that get a small fraction of the attention that Blink gets on here.

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. PauLo

43% Burnt

They are a massive band who are easily accessible and mean a lot to people who had them or Green Day or Offspring as their gateway to punk music. In the late 90s/early 00s, they were easily one of the biggest bands on the planet. Of course there are better bands out there. But I doubt many will have had the same impact on people that the likes of Blink did. Especially on a website like this that was born out of a predominantly punk forum.

teebs41 and imthesheriff like this.
  13. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

What's not to get? They're an extremely popular band that got more people into punk/adjacent music than just about any other band and they dominated radio when a lot of people on this site were growing up. A lot of the problematic issues people have with this band are not even blips on most people's radar

teebs41 likes this.
  14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

They also were one of the few pop punk bands that I felt really bridged the gap between the pop punk scene and mainstream. Not many other bands like them were played at my school dances.

Stephen Young likes this.
  15. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

yeah, hearing bands like FOB, Blink, panic play at school dances between obnoxious club pop was pretty validating back in the day.

solxace and tyramail like this.
  16. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

wasn't the first version of this site called like mxpx182.com or something lol, that probably has something to do with it!

17. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

There was a time where Blink 182 was one of the absolute biggest bands in the world lol

iCarly Rae Jepsen and tyramail like this.
  18. I wish I owned that domain name. :crylaugh:

moore182, Kuri44, Ken and 3 others like this.
  19. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

That time being... right now, still lol

Wharf Rat likes this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Thats a much more appropriate thing to question but this isnt really appropriate for this thread. There's an unpopular opinions thread for this stuff.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I know clowning on Imagine Dragons is fun but he's so good about using his platform for good

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Probably would have been better to say he just won't work with Dr. Luke at all right? Still awesome that somebody else is speaking out about this dude finally though

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Guess this goes here

ItsAndrew, DarkHotline, Orla and 4 others like this.
  24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I love Pharrell so much

25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Sorry, Kim Petras

Anna Acosta, Zilla and aliens exist like this.