Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 324

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Yeah that's the way it's gotta be I'm afraid. As much as Ioved What's Past is Prologue, I'm not tolerating support of this band anymore.

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I just spent the weekend raving about the new Microwave album and now I feel like a complete idiot for it.

Carrow likes this.
  3. and my raising of the issue on Twitter alerted someone to the allegations against Dylan, sometimes you just don't see these things - it's OK :heart:

RedDotRecording and Anthony_ like this.
  4. mugi stan

weren’t there allegations against a member of better off and they had a pretty pathetic statement about it taking his side?

5. Anthony_

there were allegations made against someone filling in for them on tour and they were pretty gross about taking his side and just being complete scum about it

Carrow likes this.
  6. mugi stan

pretty gross how they just came back this year and dropped an album like nothing happened, man.

7. Anthony_

Yeah well in their minds they did nothing wrong so it makes sense they’d behave that way. Just absolutely horrible.

8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I posted this in the Netflix thread but thought I’d put it here too? Surviving R kelly is now on Netflix for anyone who missed it

Zilla, Kiana and Anthony_ like this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Wow

Contender likes this.
  10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

wtf @ Nick tagging that with #guncontrol ???

11. supernovagirl Sep 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2019)
    supernovagirl

I’ve been watching that unfold. It’s rly sad. I hope something actually comes of this bc Nick is clearly a predator and hasn’t been held accountable at all. The video Aaron posted from house of carters is disturbing

Because they went and took Aaron’s guns apparently due to the claimed threat

I only say claimed bc aaron denies it and nick has a history of lying/being violent so idk what to believe there

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. mugi stan

was nick the backstreet boy in the family and aaron the younger brother? dudes little brother is out here calling him out on being a sex creep? big respect aaron

13. supernovagirl

Correct

14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My soft spot for child stars who never stood a chance goes out to Aaron. Nick is an abusive sucky person, but I feel like he benefits from Aaron being such a mess that nobody takes him seriously. I think that's what troubles me the most about ppl like Aaron or Lindsay Lohan or whatever. They are not perfect themselves and are extremely vulnerable for abuse and being taken advantage of because everybody discredits them due to their erratic behavior

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

16. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I feel like Nick has had allegations brought up over and over for years. At least within the fandom circles I used to follow before understanding things the way I do now. Sketchy vibes, weird stories, etc. I am having a very hard time reconciling the nostalgia and joyful memories I have about BSB with what I kind of knew but never really understood was happening behind the scenes. I am starting to understand how B* N* fans had such mixed feelings. Like, burn abusive cycles and abusers to the ground. But how much of their art is them?

Sorry, not asking that seriously - just questions I'm thinking to myself. I'm likely going to remove all BSB music from my phone and just be done, though. I can't give money and visibility to something like that. Not in 2019. Not when I am who I am now.

Fucking masterful spin doctors, though. Masterful.

supernovagirl, Mary V and mad like this.
  17. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

So I'm realizing that I knew about these two years ago when they happened - I clearly blocked it out.

Shame on me. :(

18. username

hey you lil piss baby

RazorCrusade and Contender like this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeesh

incognitojones likes this.
  20. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

iirc this is the brother of the menzingers' drummer, and has done merch for a ton of people

slowheart likes this.
  21. Yeah that’s Joes brother. He manages some bands as well but I’m not sure which ones at this point.

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

FB says merch for Alkaline Trio, Sublime With Rome, Streetlight Manifesto and Opeth. No idea if that is current.

Does he work with the Menzingers outside of being Joe’s brother?

23. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Not that i've been able to find. Their booking, management, and press is through a few different agencies and Scott Bell is listed as their tour manager from 2011 to present on linkedin

OhTheWater likes this.
  24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Thanks for looking, I couldn’t find anything either.

dylan likes this.
  25. leerkat

relentlessly nosy bastard

I’ll come in and dispense the knowledge I acquired while researching stuff.

For all intents and purposes Tony WAS Ava House. He also is the de facto coleader of that promoter’s guild. And he tour managed and is still tour managing/merching for several big pop punk bands, MxPx I think was a recent one. This is a JJR-type problem we have on our hands, especially since he was close and active with everyone in the scranton scene from middle-high school. The behaviour and rumours could date very far back for all we know and some people in that scene might have been aware. Tony’s not officially involved with Menzos anymore and he wasn’t even living in Philly last time I checked (I think he moved to around Chicago a while ago, but I don’t know about the last two years.)
    But don’t be mistaken. This is a guy who’s got a lot of childhood friends in this scene and made a lot of connections. Not just someone’s brother, a pretty influential diy promoter as far as that goes. There’s an extent of power there.

This is going to be.... difficult. I’m so glad the survivors found the courage to speak out. Power to them.