Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 322

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah tbh I don't recall ppl talking about Taylor and John much at all (could easily be misremembering tho) since I feel like Harry and Jake overshadowed that era dating wise but like... It's also a problem that relationship didn't get more critical attn. I'm judgy dgaf if it's technically legal. Known far too many women who've been in abusive situations with older men to think it's an anomaly.

2. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Chad treated Hayley like shit for ten years after grooming her as a teenager on warped and I will never, ever forgive him or his stupid band.

3. Wait... Chad from NFG? Holy fucking yikes.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. 333 GANG

ACAB

Not doubting you, just genuinely curious how you know this. Did I miss her speaking out on this somewhere?

5. personalmaps

I mean, he cheated on her multiple times, wrote songs about how her depression was such a drag for him, and her interviews during the AL cycle where he was brought up made it quite clear that he was a shitty partner. Plus, again, as a MARRIED ADULT MAN, he pursued a teenager on Warped Tour. If that happened now, y’all would be torch and pitchforks, but it happened in 2007 so we all let it slide. He’s currently dating someone even younger than Hayley so it seems like it’s just a cycle he’ll continue forever.

6. personalmaps

Sometimes, people don’t have to speak out- men just tell you who they are.

7. RedDotRecording

Record Engineer/Producer. Musician. Coffee Punk.

I got SO MUCH SHIT from people for mentioning how I felt a little uneasy about the the Hayley & Chad thing when it all started to be publicly known. It just felt a little gross when mentally combined with me witnessing a couple people interacting with him at Warped one year. Maybe 2002?

Not to sound like an oldish guy who existed back in the wild west (but here it comes): Something felt wrong as I watched a conversation between him and someone else but I didn't yet have the awareness of these things to understand the power dynamic at play. Nothing crazy and overt, but it definitely felt odd as a bystander.

I didn't follow any of it afterward. To hear the stuff personalmaps is saying is disappointing for the humans involved - I always hope people are good and aren't doing bad shit - but not a surprising conclusion.

Zilla and DarkHotline like this.
  8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Never liked Chad really

9. DarkHotline

For real tho, the whole thing of Chad grooming her when she was a teenager is really gross looking back on it.

10. atlas

Trusted

I'm 23 years old and I get queasy at the thought of myself or any of my same-age friends pursuing an 18-19 year old. Now ratchet that up 5 years, and add the part where he was already married? super super super extra fuckin weird

11. Mary V Sep 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 9, 2019)
    Here’s a wonderful interview with Hayley from January 2019, “on family, divorce and forgiving yourself”. hayley williams - l'odet

Attached some screen shots of Hayley talking about her marriage to Chad:

0BAD8EB3-DC8E-45BA-AB1E-26A13BDB2B8C.png

7FE1489F-E11E-4CF8-A45D-81B1300F88B2.png

0A450E41-A82C-4453-A75B-089EC9D4413D.png

Omni, sonder, incognitojones and 8 others like this.
  12. DarkHotline

Damn, that’s pretty grim

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

He's dating someone from the YouTube acapella group Cimorelli (who I used to (and still am) be a huge fan of) and it's weird to think about. He's dating Lisa who is only 25, while he is 38. It's disgusting, but she probably doesn't realize how creepy it is.

14. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Idk, I know I might get some beef for this, but I think there's a big difference between being 18 and 25. At 18 you're a legit teenager and nowhere near an adult. At 25 you're wayyy more mature and definitely an adult. Yes, the age gap is big, no denying that, but let's not patronize or ostracize her for it. This is purely anecdotal but I know a handful of couples with a 10+ year age gap and they're in healthy relationships. I know Chad is sketchy and has done sketchy stuff, I don't think it's fair to her to jump to conclusions if this relationship started under malicious intent.

15. DesolateEarth

Birb

I agree with this. Another thing to consider is that at 25 you're pretty much mentally fully developed. Part of what can make these relationships with one partner in their late teens and early 20s and another so much older so manipulative is the difference in mental growth. I'm not really so sure that that's an issue at 25 and 38.

This isnt meant to defend him. All the other stuff about Chad is gross, no denying that.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  16. This clown
    D39C0AC9-0AAA-47A9-B77B-532D9EE82D8B.jpeg

smowashere, Aregala, Ken and 7 others like this.
  17. love that slip up of admitting it was “rightfully” accused like a champ

18. personalmaps

If y’all saw Lisa Cimorelli’s social media presence, I think you would agree that Chad is still being a creepy weirdo.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

How so?

20. personalmaps

She literally acts like a teenager and spends all of her time making goofy Insta stories. Totally fine, but uhhh hard to see what 40 year old Chad finds interesting about it other than her being young and impressionable.

21. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

You're assuming her online persona is the same as how she is. I see Instagram famous people the same as actors/entertainers. All I'm saying is we shouldn't speak for her as to whether or not their relationship is "okay" when as far as we know she is an adult in a consensual relationship.

DesolateEarth likes this.
  22. I’m exactly the same offline as I am online

St. Nate likes this.
  23. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Ok

Ken likes this.
  24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

same

Drew Beringer likes this.
  25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm even more of a loser offline probably. Gotta stay on brand!

But tbh yeah maybe their relationship is fine and healthy and great. But I don't blame others espesh women for being skeptical of his current situation given his past. Toxic ppl never changing their spots or stripes or something!