Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 31

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. janexo

Regular

nah they were v irresponsible with it and then deleted

2. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

they supposedly created a hit list and asked people to come out with stories regarding specific individuals in the hardcore scene (no clue if it's true just heard it from a friend). super weird

3. janexo

Regular

yeah pretty much. at one put they put up a story starting with "need more victims regarding......" .
    gross.

4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I guess this goes here

Wharf Rat likes this.
  6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I mean she can still rewrite a version she performs

Aaron Mook, Joe4th, awwgereee and 3 others like this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

can she just flat out erase "ur so gay"

8. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Exactly. She performed it as is at the 2015 Super Bowl. Did the conversation not change until three years ago? The fact that she’s only addressing it 10 years after the fact while she’s doing her katy perry wokeness tour feels really disingenuous.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Just to play devil's advocate...

Maybe she just never really thought about it until recently, when the conversation had truly ramped up in the mainstream. Not everyone processes these things or learns at the same pace or time.

Better late than never, surely?

10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

How about we just never play devil's advocate because literally nothing good has ever come from playing devil's advocate

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I really don't think that's a valid argument or an answer? I swear some people just want to argue on here.

I'm simply saying surely it's better that she has actually recognised this, even if it's later than we would like?

Doomsday, vidiviciveni and Saephon like this.
  12. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

Of course it's better late than never. but the reason "katy perry would rewrite I Kissed A Girl if she could today" is getting some (minor) pushback is because a) she can, and b) addressing one problematic song is good, but she's done/sung/said some other questionable stuff, and it'd be ideal if she continued to think on all of that & make changes like she's trying to do here.

mad likes this.
  13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

idk why shes even bringing it up besides for cred tbh. i havent thought about that song in yers. i think a lot of people moved on becauses shes had much bigger hits since. its weird of her to call attention back to it without really intending to fix anything.

vidiviciveni and skogsraet like this.
  14. :chin:

Isn't that literally what "playing devils advocate" is doing?

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

For me she's always just been hypocritical because she's somehow positioned herself as an ally while also having a song called Ur So Gay

skogsraet likes this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

She can even give a speech before she performs the song cause when I saw her the other day the speech in front of it was about how her parents pray for her because of this song which to me gave it even more ~lol racy vibes even tho I know her parents are pastors or whatever. it's cool if she's reflecting on the song now, but she can still make an actual difference if she wants to which will be cool if she changes the lyrics or speech but I won't hold my breath either

Otherwise it's like cool ur acknowledging this thing but not doing anything to help change it...

Joe4th and skogsraet like this.
  17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Quite possibly, although I was more just trying to see if from a different angle. But I was just in a bad mood and reacting in a bad way to his comment. Pretty stupid of me and I admit that.

Does she still play that? Cause if she doesn't, maybe she's realised it was wrong? I mean that album was like 10 years ago now. I definitely have changed in that time and I'm sure she has too. I think it comes down to whether you think she should come out and just say that song was problematic (probably).

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

what the fuck, that band?

20. jorbjorb

7 rings

Yup I hope they don't win any Junos this year.

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

or ever perform again, is more like it

22. jorbjorb

7 rings

Yes twitter is horrible right now. A lot of people are saying "it didn't happen" which is pissing me off.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

god that's a terrible statement

24. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Don't think I've ever heard of them, but the comments in that post, ugh

25. jorbjorb

7 rings

"rock and roll cliche" .... wow what a shitty statement.