Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The dynamics involved in their show is just something I've honestly never even thought o before this week. I'm just so used to it that it never really made me think twice, but it is strange now. I really hope that they cut it out now (you'd have to think they'd realize at this point they should probably stop) at the least, but I would also like them to make some kind of comment, even if it's just a couple tweets or they just explain at the show that they don't consider it appropriate anymore. Time will tell I guess.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

also this, it's hard because I don't want to lump everyone in together and I think it's important to have levels of problematicness for lack of a better term, which I have trouble doing to I get it

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

4. I can respect that :up:

5. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

insane the rest of brand new hasn’t responded yet

6. With Confidence’s photographer also confessed that he knew but didn’t say anything to the rest of the band because he felt it wasn’t his business.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Much respect for the With Confidence guys

fbrrocks likes this.
  8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

9. cwhit

uhhhh

10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I went through my record collection today, took my Brand New, Fall Out Boy, The Story So Far... basically all my problematic and/or shitty pop punk records to the store to sell. I'm donating half the proceeds to an undecided charity and used the other half to support female musicians by purchasing their records. I had 3 Real Friends records in my hands when I remembered that Dan has been tweeting about this stuff and I put them back on my shelf. I swear to god if the band doesn't respond to this in the proper way I'm gonna lose it.

smowashere and thenewtypetheory like this.
  11. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Allegations that With Confidence’s singer also solicited photos and lied in the band’s statement against Luke Rockets:

12. Ok I take back my respect.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What in the hell

15. Philll

Trusted

Just a thought but should we be careful about posting sources that contain screenshots? I'm on mobile and the quoted post only has thumbnails of the guys face, but I can imagine there are people who may not be comfortable stumbling across that type of image.

Or am I being overly cautious?

16. mentalgellar

Jayden from With Confidence has made an official response on his personal twitter. I would link but I’m on my phone so if someone else would care to do the honours.

I’m not really sure what to make of it.

17. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

18. cwhit

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

20. SmithBerryCrunch Nov 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2017)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Also, just saw Dan of Real Friends posted a few tweets yesterday.

There's a few other tweets if you go to his full timeline.

Edit: These were tweeted before the woman's tweets about Kyle from Real Friends' dad.

21. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

22. cwhit

i hope more of these pop punk dudes go the route of modern baseball, trying to be more inclusive in tours and talking out more about these things. i've seen a few doing that and i hope they can start to bring in a new era.

23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This was all before the stuff about Kyles dad came out

24. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

That means jack shit if he knew the allegations that Real Friends’ driver (and Kyles Dad) was flirting with little girls.

25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This is correct.