Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 271

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yep saw this today. Ugh. Just so fucking gross. This is also the first I’ve ever heard of them.

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

They’ve also just recently tweeted a reply to another band saying something like “good luck playing 100 cap rooms” because they’re 12. The tweet was deleted, but the band member was one that called Trevor out for needing to ask if he could use the N word in heir Humble cover.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Damn that is so messed up. Imagine somebody taking your photos and doing something like that with them.

5. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Some more tweets floating around re: culture abuse besides these two threads

CW: first thread has some description of sexual assault

Carrow likes this.
  6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I did not know about culture abuse. They showed up on my “discover weekly” mix and I started listening a bit.

Good to know.

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would be livid if that happened to me. I don’t know if this is true but if it is then please let whoever runs the fake account be charged.

8. Just got this press release:
    Rachel Taylor, lead vocalist of indie pop act He Is We, has officially received a verdict of not guilty, exonerating her of the Sexual Assault allegation from 2017. The verdict followed a one-day jury trial held on June 4, 2019 in Jamestown, North Dakota. The verdict, which certified Taylor’s innocence of the criminal charge of Sexual assault, was met with a feeling of gratefulness and vindication by Taylor who had maintained her innocence since the charge was levied against her in September of 2017.

The details of the case revealed that the accuser, who was a newly hired musician for a He Is We tour in 2017, claimed Taylor had touched the side of her torso and her buttocks over a blanket while they shared a bed and a room with two other touring band members. The other two occupants of the motel room reported not seeing any criminal activity and the trial testimony by the accuser was contradicted numerous times by one of the touring band members who testified under oath during the trial.

The singer/songwriter stated that being falsely accused of a crime was one of the most devastating periods of her life, but nothing has ever been as painful and destructive for her than being falsely accused of sexual assault. Taylor, who is a sexual assault survivor herself, stated that the false sexual assault allegation revealed that she still carried deep wounds that needed healing.

Taylor stated that the emotional injury from the false claim was compounded by the financial impact sustained after He Is We was dropped from the tour, as well as the missed opportunities to tour while the unsubstantiated allegations, and her reputation, were under scrutiny. Despite that, Taylor stated that the positive growth she has experienced since September 2017 has made her stronger. The artist stated that her love for music and people remains resolute, and that her commitment to serve and inspire healing in others is steadfast and unrelenting.

While she was completely cleared of the sexual assault charge, Taylor still faced a separate misdemeanor of disorderly conduct, for which she was found guilty. This charge carries potential for up to 30 days in jail and up to a $1,500.00 fine. The He Is We singer, who has no prior criminal record, will most like be given an opportunity for the sentence to be deferred. If the sentence is deferred, Taylor will face probation, but the conviction will subsequently be removed from her record.

Despite these recent conflicts, Taylor is determined to look to the future, embracing a renewed sobriety and focusing once again on her musical venture, He is We. New music will be releasing soon from He Is We through the online musical community and movement, Can You Hear Me? CYHM? works with like-minded people to raise awareness, take action and provide a supportive, empowering community for teens struggling with issues such as mental health, bullying, and peer pressure. You can find out more about CYHM? at cyhm.org.

justin. likes this.
  9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Interesting. Even if she were falsely accused, the way that she handled herself afterward toward people makes me not want to care about anything she does.

Anna Acosta and Carrow like this.
  10. Tiny Moving Parts just announced a new album

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Has TMP been accused of something?

12. *my longest, most exasperated sigh ever*

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t keep up with them and this is the first time I’m hearing of it. Thanks though. I’ll just use Google.

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

And from their new album preorders:

thenewmatthewperry and justin. like this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

16. Not aimed at you! The exasperated sigh was me being frustrated with how quickly they've brushed off those allegations and are returning to putting out music like nothing happened. At least they're including donations to a VAW fund. I don't think, from what's been aired publicly at least, Dylan has done enough to justify his platform as a musician being reinstated this soon, but that's just my opinion and one I'm not sure that many people on here share.

ArmsLikeTeeth and justin. like this.
  17. Press release:
    Hopeless Records is excited to announce the signing of Tiny Moving Parts. Today, they've shared "Medicine" the first single off the band's forthcoming album breathe, out September 13th, 2019. Fans can watch the music video for "Medicine" here: smarturl.it/MedicineVideo

Speaking to the track, Dylan Mattheisen said, "'Medicine' is about everything around you falling apart. When people come and go in a lifetime, I try to focus on the happiness and guidance they've provided me instead of the sadness of them leaving"

Mattheisen is afraid of death. That's nothing new. In fact, it's a fear that has flowed, in one form or another, through every album the Benson, Minnesota band has released so far. But on breathe, the band's fifth proper full-length, it's become more obvious and prevalent than ever. At the same time, this set of songs is designed to help quell those anxieties, both for Mattheisen and the dedicated following he and his cousins - brothers Matt and Billy Chevalier - have built up since forming the band in 2008.

"I just feel as time goes on that everything means more and more," says Mattheisen. "So this record covers things we've talked about in the past - the fear of dying, losing someone through moving away or the passing of someone - but it concentrates more on the positives, and being happy things happened instead of sad they're taken away. It's about finding that mindset to keep on powering through."

Written in between tours since the release of their last record, Swell, released in January 2018, breathe finds the band moving forward sonically as much as they are pushing through emotionally. Recorded with longtime collaborator Greg Lindholm, who oversaw seven songs, and established pop producer John Fields (Jimmy Eat World, Goo Goo Dolls, All Time Low), who handled the other three, breathe is full of the same emotionally-driven blend of math-rock, pop-punk and emo that they've made their own, but it also branches out.

breathe is more than just an album. It's an emotional crutch. It's moral support. It's the friend we all need at our darkest times. It's the sound of a band coming to terms with their own mortality, their own anxieties, their own self-doubts. And it's a reminder that, as long as there are songs sung back as if our lives depend on them, we are never alone.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Wharf Rat and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Cool, so if you sexually assault a woman you can still get signed to a major label and not even break a sweat.

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

holy shit morrissey please shut up forever

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

You’re good! I understand.

Carrow likes this.
  22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

23. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

It’s the Hopeless Records way

24. socklord

Trusted

I want to see TMP dude's therapist. Feel like I've been wasting the last three years of my life seeing the same guy. Didn't realize someone out there could put me back on the right path in just the span of a week

Anthony_, Anna Acosta, Jake W and 2 others like this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

morrisey die so i can listen to the smiths again

Omni, The Mysterious, SpyKi and 12 others like this.