Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 252

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

imagine typing that and thinking you’re “right”

2. Martina Apr 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2019)
    Martina

Regular

This deserves some more background -- I'm not familiar with family issues he's had but it was a big part of the official Warped Tour lore that Fronz was some sort of role model for kids -- seriously -- because he ran a successful business and had a family. I guess it's because whether or not he's been consistently a great family guy he's never been known for being spectacuarly violent and/or stupid like Ronnie Radke, Tim Lambresis, etc?

I have asked before if there are statistics one can access publically on Spotify plays to see if R Kelly and others were getting a spike in streaming plays when various headlines broke and I'll ask it again here. I know this may be propritary information (or they may just want to charge for this kind of info) but it would be really interesting to see if outrageous and irrational statements like this are directly tied to an increase in fan interest and revenue for the artist.

I'm not looking for literal real-time stats, I suppose that would be propriatary, rather is there any part of Spotify's web presence that has information about recent trends on streaming plays for a lot of artists, or does any music media site like Billboard, etc, have a "top ten" (or better, top 100, etc) of streaming plays, like radio used to have a "top ten" and similar charts for public plays of popular music? If this was YouTube one could count the views and likes or dislikes, but it's eerily radio-esque that streaming stats for Spotify artists seem (to me, so far) to be propriatary information.

I'll leave that question at that, I don't think I could phrase it any more simply and relavently.

oncenowagain and Brother Beck like this.
  3. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

@Martina

Despite Spotify change, R. Kelly's streams still intact

4. Martina

Regular

Thanks, arewhyayein. While I wasn't so much interested in R. Kelly's charting but about artists streaming plays and trends in general, the article you linked though did reference Nielsen Music, which I really should have though of (Nielsen and all). Thanks! I will check them out.

If anyone knows of competing or similar charts and would like to post a comment with a link, etc, I'd appreciate it.

5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This is an excellent question, but honestly one I probably do not want to know the answer to... It would be too maddening. This is the guy who sells "THIS B!TCH LYIN" t-shirts after he gets accused of rape.

6. Martina Apr 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2019)
    Martina

Regular

If I had artistic talent or more time to spend on Photoshop I'd be editing Bernstein Bears cartoons to show Papa Bear as Fronz singing or speaking Attila's lyrics (maybe reading them like a story?) around the house (or mansion), driving his Lambo, etc, as the Bernstein Bear kids are dressed in his shirts, baseball caps, etc. Well, I wouldn't really do that since there are some very young kids (and a mother) involved in this story but the juxtaposition would be fitting, I think.

7. tshreve

Metalicca

Reading this post was confusing and upsetting in more ways than I feel like describing at the moment

8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I had no idea who Fronz was and had to read up about that entire situation. Full disclosure though: I still don't understand the "blowjobs are like hugs" thing she is saying.

9. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

She’s essentially saying they were given to him as often as hugs are given to friends or acquaintances. They were common for him to receive with her not knowing was my interpretation.

Brother Beck likes this.
  10. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Ahh, ok. Thank you. She's talking about from other people. I read what she was saying wrong from the beginning. She's talking about him downplaying them from other people, like he wasn't cheating. I read it as her referring to something between the two of them.

maryp1603 likes this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Every time I think I’m at maximum hatred for Chris Brown he continues to surpass it

Anthony_, ECV, inspectorkemp and 12 others like this.
  12. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Seeing people on social media coming out in defense of Chris Brown, and even citing racism as a motivation for Chvrches comments on the matter, is very upsetting.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Seems like that’s exactly what he was trying to do when he included the “black and proud” part in his rant

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I hope we can grow as a culture to not let celebrities brush off controversy by saying “Let’s all stay positive.”

solxace, Anna Acosta, Arry and 4 others like this.
  15. DeathOrGlory Apr 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2019)
    DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

CHVRCHES are supporting a black woman who has been abused when they call out Chris Brown so I dunno how people can cite racism. Are black women not worthy of support?

solxace, DarkHotline, K0ta and 12 others like this.
  16. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

My friend said there were people heckling CHVRCHES at the show here due to their Chris brown comments

17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I know right like where's Tyga to tell Chris to stay positive? Since when is supporting abuse survivors not positive anyway? This positive/good vibes only stuff is getting ridic

Arry, Zilla and oncenowagain like this.
  18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Its much more harmful for a musician to call out abusers than it is to be an abuser

Whole system is fucked

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's weird because with Chris Brown it's not like there's any plausible deniability, we know he beat Rihanna and stalked Karrueche, it's so obvious that he's a shitty person
    so people defending him are either saying that there should be a statute of limitations on that, which there shouldn't, or that his talent makes it okay, which it doesn't

solxace, K0ta, Anthony_ and 3 others like this.
  20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

remember when he smashed a window with a chair on good morning america when asked about rihanna

solxace, K0ta, Anthony_ and 5 others like this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Re: the needle drop. Someone sent this to me, I don’t have a horse in the race but it looks like he was unaware and removed it when he found out. Not saying this cleanses him, but seems relevant.

Attached Files:

22. ItsAndrew May 3, 2019
    (Last edited: May 3, 2019)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

23. cherrywaves

Trusted

YouTube is poison

Jake W and Arry like this.
  24. atlas

Trusted

25. ItsAndrew