Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 251

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Consistency in capitalism? That'll be the day.

Snoblin, Joe4th, RazorCrusade and 6 others like this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just to clarify Spotify were never going to fully pull X or R Kelly's music, they just weren't going to show up in curated playlists anymore

3. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

“Hip Hop David Koresh” sounds about right, really

incognitojones likes this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

And now since they’re targeting BOTDF for “content” people are now saying shit like “well half of hip hop is the same so why not remove them too.” Spotify is fucking awful at how they implement their policies.

Contender, Zilla, ItsAndrew and 5 others like this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

7. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Anna Acosta and ItsAndrew like this.
  8. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

More of this. Can’t be just not working with abusers, gotta be not working with people who work with abusers.

Anthony_, Anna Acosta and Zilla like this.
  9. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

10. I really hope that marshmellow-head-wearing dicksplash can't collaborate with anyone worth a damn from here on out. Time for people to start putting their money where their mouth is as regards all this accountability shit. This isn't on anyone in CHVRCHES because they had no way of knowing this was his next move - good to see them calling him out - it's on the next artist he wants to collaborate with.

Anthony_ likes this.
  11. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I’m honestly lost as to why he needed to make multiple videos, that’s some serial killer shit.

swboyd likes this.
  13. Martina

Regular

Why is he making multiple videos? So he can better show he's a consensual BDSM stud muffin whose worst transgression is adultery involving multiple partners which those multiple videos focus on, which he hopes will appeal to enough women to at least staff his merch tables and perform in his upcoming videos, and eventually to appeal to more women to listen to his music and buy his stuff. That may or may not work but that's what I think he's seriously trying to do.

Hey, if BOTDF is still around at least to sell merch and to try to sell their/his streaming music, William Control still has some potential to keep going.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  14. I love this song

Omni, maryp1603, fbrrocks and 3 others like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]
    dude you groomed a child

16. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i've noticed a lot of artists lately are very dismissive to serious claims by saying 'stay posi'. super manipulative and gaslighty. reminds me of that recent ariana situation about that blogger. the blogger reached out to ari, saying her fans were super, super threatening and toxic and ariana dismissed it as 'they're reacting with the same energy you put out, be positive!'.

i don't know, these people have a platform and it's just terrible all around.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Yikes

18. Kiana Apr 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 25, 2019)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I feel like popstars can't control their fans completely, but when they start blurring the lines like Ariana or Taylor by dming then, inviting them over to their house, pretending to be bff's, and very intentionally creating this cult-like devotion among their base, at some point accountability needs to happen somewhere. Part of the devotion is a "protect them at all costs" attitude and more artists need to intervene and tell their fans to chill. Not the same level but saw recently Frank iero posted on insta and told his fans to stop coming to his hotels and it came off v respectful but firm. There's a way to do it and maybe they'll listen maybe they won't, but idk I feel like an attempt still needs to be made instead of just throwing up ur hands

I took every word my faves said as gospel when I was young. I imagine it'd have an impact on at least some of the fans

ItsAndrew, SpyKi, janexo and 6 others like this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I feel like Stan culture makes it impossible for artists to feel culpability or any sense of reality in terms of how good they are when all they hear is
    [​IMG]
    Ari's whole fuck critics stay posi thing is super privileged

I think it's different with the Bey hive because Bey isn't online and she certainly doesn't care about Fifth Harmony or whatever

incognitojones and Arry like this.
  20. laraheart

True serial killer shit. He was in a position of power and groomed young, impressionable fans including a friend of mine into a culture of abuse...that isn't consensual BDSM. Sickens me.

21. Nobody should be shocked but Fronz is a piece of shit

22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Is a bus full of "mental patients" more or less deadly than a bus full of any other people...? Either way, that is a classy statement from one of the classiest motherfuckers out there.

Louisiana Fast and Zilla like this.
  24. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I think he’s just trying to communicate that he’s such human waste that he would not only like to see chvrches taken out by a bus, but hope the resulting crash will kill people with poor mental health.