Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 202

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Fuck that dude. He's a sexual predator and he absolutely DOES hide behind his religion no matter what he says.

Arry, DarkHotline, ItsAndrew and 2 others like this.
  2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

big yikes

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

fucking hell he’s even worse in the comments

Larry David, Arry, ItsAndrew and 2 others like this.
  4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

oh no front porch step says i'm going to hell :(

ECV, Larry David, Borat and 1 other person like this.
  5. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

6. Someone actually sat down and typed out "I even supported you when you were accused of being with underage girls but this is a bridge too far" (paraphrasing) and... well. If that doesn't just say it all.

7. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

I feel like whenever someone goes through some sort of thing that puts into question their moral fibre and come out the other end ultra religious kinda just speaks volumes about the type of person you are. like it's clear this guy is so attracted to Christianity because on a very high level it's like "Jesus accepts everyone and through Him you can be forgiven" or some shit, it's like he discovered the cheat code to getting over your fuck ups. why try and rectify your wrongs with your victims or invest in organizations that support the type of people you preyed on or even work with anyone in "the scene" to try and even fix a modicum of what you did when you can just go all out Christian??

Like after all of this this guy basically learned that the only real forgiveness you need is with your god and not only is that the only authority worth appealing to but now that you're a servent of god everyone who isn't is Bad so you can *literally* have your cake and eat it too.

It's ironic considering that he wasn't even able to admit to what he did until that billboard interview from last year, when a big part of Christian repentenance involves actually admitting to your faults. last I checked Jesus didn't care about long Facebook posts written by your lawyers.

Shit like that when people go full Christian or full namaste one love bullshit drives me up the wall.

RileyWitiw, ItsAndrew, Borat and 6 others like this.
  8. It's performative, it's disingenuous, and it ironically flies in the face of everything Christ taught, relying on very specific interpretations of specific passages while removing all reason and context behind the words of his supposed savior. I might not believe in the religion, but I've read the book many times and this type of cop out is just pure hypocrisy and cowardice.

But hey.

9. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

I can't even decide whether it's more performative or straight up delusional. Like imagine being so afraid of holding yourself accountable (and not in a "poor me I'm the worst person alive" self pity kinda way) that you adopt a whole set of values and mythological tales to completely justify totally brushing your bad shit under the rug.

10. Tbh it's probably a little column A, little column B. It's very difficult to say without being in someone's head if they actually BELIEVE what they're saying (which makes it delusional) or if it's cynical (performative). At the end of the day, it's the same impact regardless of intent, but both could certainly be true.

Stephen Young likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

He fucking laughs and smirks through the entire interview. The most terrifying scarecrow I've ever seen.

upload_2019-2-5_14-1-41.png

13. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

14. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Don't read the comments on that one, yikes.

incognitojones likes this.
  15. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Scott Hesisel making himself look like an absolute fool on twitter over this.

Koji is a good, pure soul who practices what he preaches and works tirelessly in his community. I wish I was surprised that white men in the industry can’t handle their centrist faves being rightfully criticized.

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Bands change their names all the time and people get over it. What a disappointing response. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of them but isn’t Frank Turner kind of problematic in general?

17. Omni

Regular

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Evergreen sentence.

Joe4th, KingofSpain and Jason Tate like this.
  19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

frank turners a fucking wanker

Carrow likes this.
  20. Oh I see the “bad takes double downers” are at on the Twitter today.

Contender likes this.
  21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Contender likes this.
  23. atlas

Trusted

beachdude, DarkHotline, Arry and 6 others like this.
  24. mad

I was right. Prestigious

didn’t realize frank turner was such a dumbdumb

25. Jason Tate likes this.