Accountability in Music • Page 184

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Yeah this keeps coming on my Christmas playlist and I cringe each time, I'm sort of embarrassed by it now.

2. ItsAndrew

Regular

Contender likes this.
  3. tshreve

Metalicca

Collins and Theemoflamingo like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

make my wish come true Prestigious

Matty with the bad take

5. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

“The reason misogyny doesn’t happen in rock n roll anymore.”

Ok.

6. EASheartsVinyl

Trusted

Yeah I was with him for the first sentence but then everything immediately went hard yikes.

7. OotyPa

sustain

Really ignorant answer to that question. Eye roll.

8. Kiana

You look like bad news, I gotta have you Prestigious

He is chock-full of them. just when I finally started to move on from those awful sexist interviewer quotes he had a while back lol. I guess it's not surprising though because men are not the smartest. I know this is a very simplified generalization but I am tired so I'm going with it

9. EASheartsVinyl

Trusted

I don’t really follow them so I just looked up that interview thing and wow.

10. EASheartsVinyl

Trusted

It being in gif form certainly didn’t make him seem less terrible.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

make my wish come true Prestigious

plus his Islamophobia
    Matty Healy of the 1975 talks shit on twitter, then flounces
    I still feel petty that I have a hard time getting into his music because of it, mainly because I know he's a lot of y'alls faves

Arry, Anna Acosta and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  12. Kiana

You look like bad news, I gotta have you Prestigious

I definitely feel like I'm kind of nitpicking and dogpiling on for a sec, but I also feel like it's kind of sus that he mentions the Harry styles fan account like a Harry styles fan wouldn't have an accurate perception of this or not be informed on issues? Since Harry fans are known for being teenage girls like teenage girls aren't undermined enough? I don't know maybe I'm reaching so I should probably go to bed and stop cluttering threads with my rambling this is terrible

13. ItsAndrew

Regular

I am not disagreeing, but it’s stiolcbad that he is sliding into girls DMs not only so quickly after finding out his ex cheated on him but just in general. What a trash bag. How did his ex even survive with him for two years?

14. sophos34

Prestigious Prestigious

15. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

words matter, i know that's already been talked about in this thread. this is a recent interview. it's relevant. i love the 1975 and i like matty fine but when he perpetuates the racist myth that hip hop is more misogynistic than rock, he should be held accountable for that.

no one said anyone is supposed to do anything, you make your own decisions, we've been over that, too. you can hold someone accountable for their dumb shit without canceling them.

KidLightning and Anna Acosta like this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Prestigious

not getting into this, can’t handle it right now

17. vidiviciveni

Trusted

How are people allowed to say things like this on this website, let alone in this thread? Because you’re tired? I’m sincerely baffled.

18. Petit nain des Îles

Golden Hour Supporter

This is an inoffensive comment, if you take it personally, that's on you.

19. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

We're talking about men and sexism, I think saying men are not the smartest in this context is a real gentle way of putting it, actually

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Trusted

Those are both ridiculous copout statements, but there’s plenty of hypocrisy running rampant through this board, so it’s easier to just ignore it than make a statement in fear of getting shunned or banned.

vidiviciveni and stars143 like this.
  21. Wharf Rat

walkin along in the mission in the rain Prestigious

Hey buddy why don't you tell us how you really feel over in the pol thread one of these days instead of hiding your shit opinions about sexism and race baiting in other threads. Coward

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Trusted

You’re not worth getting into about this because you purposefully ignore things I say to make yourself feel better.

23. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Based on the context of this conversation her comment is spot on. What Matty said is a pretty fucking dumb thing to say. In a broader generalization, men are not very smart about the way they treat women.

It’s silly that you’re taking offense to that.

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Trusted

Yeah, that Matty guy sounds like a stupid asshole, but taking the actions and statements of one person and applying them to a whole gender seems overly simplified and counterintuitive to me. I'd feel the same way if someone said something similar about any gender, or race, or whatever else.

25. Petit nain des Îles

Golden Hour Supporter

Do you think reverse sexism is a thing?