Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 167

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

2. leerkat

relentlessly nosy bastard

Unfolding situation :

1- Good Charlotte announces tour with boston manor and moose blood

2- People complain

3- Good Charlotte deletes tour tweet and says they’re listening

4- I hear whispers that they DID take moose blood off their tour

3. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

good

4. Glad. I saw the notification on one of their shows' facebook page and I instantly got angry.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah both GC and Boston Manor have removed the post from their twitter feed. Guessing they are trying to find a new support.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Contender, ECV, Jason Tate and 2 others like this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

8. A few of us are talking about it in their album thread, but the paragraphs about having never done something as bad as his peers irk me, and I wasn't feeling comfortable enough in that thread to bring them up, so it belongs here as well right? I'm not sure what was the point of writing all of this, like okay, are you trying to prove us that you're a decent human being? Because it's not convincing when the words chosen gives me bad memories of the way abusers talk.

leerkat likes this.
  9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

uhhh what the fuck

seimagery likes this.
  10. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

That felt like reading someone’s diary when I know I shouldn’t be.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

12. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

i have a feeling i'm too young for this reference lol.

Connor likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Or I'm just showing my age.

Clarissa Explains it All was a Nick show in the early 90's that was basically a video diary where she would tell you about her whole life and developing as a teen. Her little brother was constantly pranking her and trying to read her diary for some reason.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I feel dirty having read that.

Dirty and confused.

leerkat likes this.
  15. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Whenever I read these long and rambling posts or watch the awkward video interviews (along with the kick-starter perks) I can't help but think (and assume) that these children probably get a certain amount of this deflected on them.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope Max & Sherri figure their shit out and find a content place, because those kids deserve a healthy and happy family.

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I read that and I'm so confused like idk if it's cause I just woke up or what but I have no idea what he is saying

sonder, Arry, mercury and 4 others like this.
  17. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

It looks like someone transcribed a recording from a therapy session. And really that’s where stuff like that should be talked about/vented. I get the catharsis of what he’s doing but his platform is too big for that, it’s not like just a few strangers are gonna read it. I feel like it’s harsh to say but I hope someone close to him has him take that down and reevaluate where he channels that energy. Not even because it’s uncomfortable but because it just doesn’t seem healthy and will get him into trouble.

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah that was a tough read for me to finish for many reasons. I also am not good at processing things like these and what the takeaways should be, maybe @kaylasananjou you could break it down a little more if she has the time. I will say that my opinion of Max has taken a complete 180 the past month, part of me wants to say, 'well clearly his mental illness has reared it's ugly head again'. But that's no excuse, I think he is inviting us to his mind more than ever and it is a sad, dark place.

19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I'm not sure if there's a set takeaway- I am not super sympathetic to Max because I've never had a positive interaction with him myself. But he is an important fixture of the scene, as is Sherri.

My takeaway from THIS post in particular is that something is wrong. It could just be personal issues, mental health, etc, and let me make it clear that I'm not accusing him of anything. But the way this is written is about a million red flags for me because it's got a lot of things in it that abusers like to throw out- the desperation to prove that he isn't as bad as his peers, the repeated statement that he's NEVER treated a woman incorrectly, the need to differentiate between "nice" and "mean" girls, the repeated call backs to being queer but NOT THAT QUEER... it's just troubling. It feels like he is trying to get out in front of something.

I don't think I have to tell any of you this, but it's extremely foolish to take someone saying they've never mistreated anyone at face value. I also don't think I have to spend a lot of time talking about this "nice" vs. "mean" girl thing- it usually means that the "nice" girls are the ones who play along and the "mean" girls don't.

As much as I hated reading it the first time, I will go back and read it again when I have some more time and try to give some more detailed thoughts.

SaveTheEarth, Mary V, mercury and 7 others like this.
  20. leerkat

relentlessly nosy bastard

I agree with all of this. I'm especially disturbed by the way he talks about queerness, at his really heavy handed insinuations that acting on your queerness is gross or something. Like he literally says it'd have to be a desperate situation for him to get with a man like. At this point you have to ask yourself about whether you just have huge internalised homophobia or if you are queer at all, if even having a romantic relationship with another man repulses you so much.

Because when that feeds into a discourse whose end point is "queer emo guys are queer because they have freudian daddy issues" there's a really big problem and it's just perpetuating really overdone homophobic tropes out in the open and framing it as philosophical ramblings.

Mary V, Connor, Jason Tate and 3 others like this.
  21. Finally read the entire thing and that made me uncomfortable. As a dad, it just made me feel really weird.

I really don’t even know what to say.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. It's heartbreaking and even hurtful to see him relate his own struggles with his sexuality to... the way the media viewed him as an emo musician? His obsession with his dad and becoming one himself? The band members to fans abuse going on in his music scene? I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole thing, and I just end up lost.

He seems so conflicted, that I can't help but think of the fans who are in the closet and might read this rant. What will they learn from it? The internalized homophobia is upsetting to witness. I hope he is surrounded by people who can get him the help he needs.

I'm also NOT comfortable with his use of "daddy", because of its various connotations. Not sure if anyone else feels this way.

leerkat likes this.
  23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I’m not gonna speculate too much but that reads like the rantings and ravings of someone on an upper, I know he talked about abusing his anti depressants in that manifesto, I’m worried he’s still abusing drugs because that just doesn’t seem like something someone of sound mind would write

24. 5- Sex Pest Eddy Brewerton and His Enabler Pals get SHITCANNED.

25. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

The shirt is a Blink 182 shirt, I believe. Asia Argento was previously dating Bourdain but more importantly is both at the forefront of the "Me Too" movement and currently accused of sexually assaulting a 17 year old boy herself.