Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Music • Page 166

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 14, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

This thread has a lot of jokes, but Drake clearly on some predatory behavior

3. Eclipse

Regular

i remember a while back hearing how he like bailed his friend out of jail after being arrested for human trafficking and it stuck with me. The line between enablers and abusers usually...doesn't actually exist

incognitojones likes this.
  4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

How old even is Drake? I always assumed he was mid twenties?

Edit: Just seen he is 31.

Yeah, that is creepy, but she's an adult, she can make her own decisions and I don't feel like we should be acting as if she is incapable at 18 of making decisions for herself?

5. It’s still predatory, yes she’s an adult but an 18 year old person has graduated high school and getting ready to go to college (just generalising) while a 31 year old person is in a much different space, with different wants and needs, many more experiences, and it’s predatory pursuing someone who’s barely an adult. A 31 year old man choosing to be with an 18 year old is a deliberate choice and it’s creepy. Speaking from experience, you don’t realise how wrong it is for a much older man to pursue you when you’re 18 or younger. I felt cool and special until he started sexually harassing me, and even then, I didn’t comprehend how messed up it was. I’m not saying Drake is doing anything like that but it does make me feel ill when a grown man preys on someone so much younger

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

The predatory part would be meeting her at sixteen and the waiting until she turned 18, which is just creepy in a lot of ways.

Arry, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Wharf Rat like this.
  8. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

9. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

does this relate? i should just switch to apple music already

10. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

They just offered a free month trial to me for upgrading to iOS 12. I'm thinking about taking it just to save $10 over the next month.

I'm not sure they're really any better to their employees than Spotify is, but since Spotify is newly public, Apple is probably at least better at PR and HR.

Arry likes this.
  11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

They’re both probably fucked up places but yeesh

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

tfw no ethical consumption under capitalism

13. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i wish i was still a student so i can get that student rate

14. Gotta do what you can in this capitalistic hell world

sophos34 likes this.
  15. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

(Me carefully placing "Spotify going to strip clubs" and "Apple exploiting thousands of Chinese child workers" on either side of a balancing scale)

16. Eclipse

Regular

thread about kenny harris who i believe is a touring (?) member of panic at the disco. Starts off with this users account f events and more people come forward either in their dm's or in replies to the thread

17. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Brent, beachdude, Kiana and 3 others like this.
  18. permanentann

we'll kick it when I hit the ground

I really hope a better statement is coming but I'm glad they kicked him out quickly if absolutely nothing else

Eclipse likes this.
  19. ccsc918

existing

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

That was very quick. Respect to Brendon. Although I'd obviously like a proper statement, I don't feel like he owes us one.

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

respect for doing the bare minimum? I mean it’s a good thing he kicked him out but come on, it’s not special that he did what he should’ve done at the very least

22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Matt disabled comments after posting these. Definitely a bummer to see what he has been posting/supporting on Instagram lately.

summertimejesus likes this.
  23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

all i can really say to that is: yikes

24. DrownTheWorkforce

Regular

Well, this piqued my interest, so I did some internet searching to find more details about this 'relationship'.

From 2017, about a painted pentagram in Skiba's art exhibition:
    "Walpurgisnacht is a really big day. It honours the women and the feminine powers within your life and giving thanks to that. So those are the initials of my grandmother, my sisters and my mom, and my dear friend Asia [Argento]. And I lit a candle at the five points of that pentangle and just meditated as the candles burned, giving thanks to the women in my life."

A shirt sold on Matt's website: https://skibaclothing.com/view/?id=13388&cid=2973

He owns two motorcycles: one is named Billie [Joe Armstrong], the other is named Asia. "I have two bikes named after two of my favorite people..." (
    )

[​IMG]

this is a shirt that exists, apparently, with Argento wearing it

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I don't get it? Could anyone explain?