Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 99

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Breathtakingly stupid, I have no words

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

As usual, Seth and Jack Allison are right

3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

“I cannot wait to meet you and I will” is way too vague to interpret as a criminal threat

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The man

5. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I misread the “kill” sentence lol

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t know, the purely hypothetical thought of Norm wanting to meet me felt pretty threatening a few minutes ago...

Anthony_ likes this.
  7. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I don’t even think I understand the original tweet so I feel even dumber haha

But yeah Norm has been whack for a while now

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Seth was the one who tweeted about Shane Gillis, so Norm is making the very cool and normal statement that getting a blatant racist fired from a crappy show is literally murder.

y2jayjk, CarpetElf and incognitojones like this.
  9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Norm seeming real real unhinged, yikes.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

he also told a journalist he was doing his job wrong because he had a different opinion

11. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Idk. I’ve ironically enough heard a few podcasts recently that talk about Norm and they paint this picture that this is always him and it’s just an endless bit / prank / giving you a hard time that he does with everyone and he never lets up.

Who knows for sure though.

12. I mean, that wouldn’t really make it better. At the very least he’d still be validating and reinforcing people that share those opinions

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

ironic or in character harassment is still harassment just ask Jared Leto and Joaquin Phoenix

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Something something Vonnegut quote. Something being a “bit” or not doesn’t matter even the tiniest amount.

incognitojones and Anthony_ like this.
  15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Twitter is for sure not the best medium for Norm, his sense of humor relies almost entirely on the tone of his delivery (not that I think he's joking in this case but just something I've noticed about his twitter for forever)

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If people can’t distinguish whether it’s a bit or it’s sincere then the question kind of answers itself doesn’t it

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

My take on most male stand-ups’ thinking who started during the 80s comedy boom: it’s okay to offend and punch down, PC police oppress us, I can masturbate in front of women comics.

Except Paul F. Tompkins, he’s an angel.

18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Anthony_ likes this.
  19. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

It's really hard to see an old personal hero losing his mind on Twitter. I really thought Norm was smarter than this.

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The Mitch joke about wine always makes me so sad.

21. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

The "I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. It's like, "dude, you have to wait." one?

It makes you sad? Why?

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh no not that one, that just reminded me. Should have said the other wine joke. It’s the, “Doesn’t red wine give you a headache? Yeah, eventually. I’m not going to stop doing something because of what happens at the end,” one.

incognitojones likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

wild

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Jeez, I never heard about all this other stuff