Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 94

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I just hope he gets blasted into obscurity rather than riding a wave of momentum because so many shitty people that are defending him want to 'support' him now

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

He's absolutely going to ride the LoS/Anthony Cumia wave for a bit, but I think he was already in that crew. Idk how successful that crew is or if it's just a little Twitter bubble

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Cumia definitely used to be huge but that was when radio was a thing so who knows

4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This is not a defense of racist jokes, because I don't think there is any excuse for racism in comedy. But a lot of these defenses from people like Rob Schneider read as if they are defending this guy's jokes or material or bits. He's on the podcast simply just saying a bunch of racist shit. He's not even on stage performing a bit or whatever. He's just actively being racist on a podcast.

5. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Yeah there’s a whole group of guys waiting to cash in on “freedom of speech” or “PC culture” in comedy that it doesn’t even matter that he wasn’t telling jokes and was just like, saying racist things in a casual conversation.

The gears of the grift are already in motion. Which is a bummer cause I’m sure Bowen Yang won’t get any of these opportunities for working hard or being funny. It’s only mediocre white men who get to ride the gravy train of other mediocre white men paying them when they experience consequences for their racism.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It’s Cumtown humor. Saying things you shouldn’t say under the guise of irony. When anyone gets called out for it there’s no defense other than “you don’t get it”. It’s dumb as shit

8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Meanwhile I'm still awaiting my appeal from twitter.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

god that rob schneider tweet pissed me the fuck off

Comedic MISFIRES??? un fucking real. fuck him.

I’m so tired of this mentality that we should save comedy by letting people be fucking abhorrent human beings.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Wonder why Rob Schneider is commenting
    [​IMG]

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Obviously I’m not okay with this shit at all but at LEAST this was an actual character/bit. It doesn’t make it okay, at all, but it makes it covered by people who claim you should be able to make racial jokes or whatever. But like @Brother Beck said, what Shane did was just hurling racial slurs?? Like...there was no joke. How can these supposed kings of comedy not understand that?

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Right same with Tracy Morgan and Kevin Hart, it's not a joke it's just hate speech

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. supernovagirl

I’m not familiar with either of those situations outside of being vaguely aware that Kevin Hart tweeted the f word a bunch. But, yeah! Exactly

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

supernovagirl likes this.
  16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

17. supernovagirl

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Ah yes the classic “I would literally murder my child if they were gay” “joke”

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Every comedian has to have at least one.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I love the Joe Mande bit where a college told him to be sensitive and not say that joke and he was like um okay that's not a joke

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Thomas Middleditch is fucked up

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ew

23. vile

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Saw an excerpt from that article earlier tonight and thought it was trash, but I had NO idea about any of that with his ex. Another for the list of abusers on Silicon Valley.

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

hmmmmmmmmmmmm bad