Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 93

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

What a petty moron.

2. Philll

Trusted

"I'm a comedian who was funny enough to get on SNL" is a pretty damning indictment of SNL.

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

He was so funny, he didn’t even make it to the broadcast. He sure showed the haters!

4. razorburn

Trusted

5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

God imagine losing the holy grail dream job of many comedians and being so far up your own ass that you respond by “I was funny enough to get offered snl, that will never be taken from me!”

Like uh ok that’s a weird way to lick your wounds from the fact that they did indeed take the opportunity from you

7. chris

Trusted Supporter

"...and I'm not sorry for using all those slurs."

8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

That’s the funniest part of the statement lol. “That can’t be taken away.” Um, it literally was taken away, now get out of here you piece of shit.

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Hey come on he *checks notes* had to use them in order to become funny enough to get offered SNL...?

10. supernovagirl

He had to push the boundaries, man. for comedy

Anthony_ likes this.
  11. Guys, clearly he's the obvious victim here. Free speech is definitely under attack. :facepalm:

Anthony_, Mary V and supernovagirl like this.
  12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Can this whole thing of "I CAN'T BE EDGY ANYMORE?" just die?

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's literally impossible to be funny without making LGBTQ people and minorities feel like shit

14. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

He mad alright

Anthony_ and supernovagirl like this.
  15. shea

RIP Supporter

I’m late but good. Fuck that piece of shit.

Preserved Moose and Anthony_ like this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

"i was more of a mad tv guy anyways" im sure you were

17. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I can't believe he didn't even attempt a tiny apology. He doesn't even have the excuse of saying it in the course of a "joke" with some sort of attempt at a punchline that subverts expectations somehow or "playing a character". He just GENUINELY believes being bluntly racist is funny on its own without any twisting needed. What the fuck.

This idea that once you decide you're a "comedian" you're allowed to start dishing out racial slurs with impunity is so bizarre.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh my god he thinks this is brilliant and so do all the other NYC “real comic” comics lol

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

lol he's not fucking Jean Valjean he did a shitty thing and faced consequences for it

20. Anthony_

Not gonna lie, I 100% do enjoy seeing racist assholes taken down. Sue me.

Serh, CarpetElf, Brother Beck and 4 others like this.
  21. supernovagirl

I honestly don’t get enjoyment out of all of this. like I’m not judging you @Anthony_ lmao or anyone else but like...I absolutely don’t enjoy learning that there are still people who are using c**** in 2018 and think it’s fine. I get satisfaction out of the fact that he is facing consequences for his abhorrent actions. That’s just called justice? I’m grateful that we are in a place culturally where powers that be can reject people who have done abhorrent things. But no I will never enjoy finding out that people are still being racist. Like, ever.

That tweet is moronic.

22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah I think part of me always does like an evil/satisfied chuckle upon hearing the news someone is held even slightly to task lol, but it's v hollow and short lived. At the end of the day this dude still takes no accountability, has tons of defenders hyping him up, and will likely be even more successful than he was before all this came out thanks to the exposure. Now he gets to be the poster boy for male edgelord Comey tears, and the hatred and ignorance he spread is still out in the world. Maybe if I had more faith that men were ever truly held accountable for their actions I'd get satisfaction

CarpetElf and supernovagirl like this.
  23. Anthony_

Oh no I don’t enjoy finding out someone is racist, of course, I enjoy seeing someone face actual consequences for their racism for once.

24. Philll

Trusted

What's revealing about this is that ultimately all these comedians think that they are the centre of the story. I didn't know who this guy was before the news broke and I hope I've forgotten his name in a week. These guys are so absorbed in their own self-importance that they don't get that all we're interested in is dignity for the minorities that they use as "punchlines".

gonz (Alex) and OhTheWater like this.
  25. supernovagirl

Yeah, of course!!

Anthony_ likes this.