Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 92

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Comedy and racial slurs are the same thing because they both invoke responses

Giving someone a hug and stabbing them are the same thing because in both cases you FEEL something

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

receiving a hug does often feel like i’m being stabbed, it’s true

stabbed with love!!! folks!

3. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

To be fair the more you analyze his comedy technique in that clip and appreciate everything he's doing, his style seems not so much paincringe like a stab in the gut but grosscringe like being splashed in the face with diarrhea, piss and vomit.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

If this is a bit, you should stop. If it’s not a bit, you should also stop.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Have you all forgotten how to read or something? They’re literally saying “this makes me feel bad.” It’s a lame joke but jfc how dense can you be going after someone who very explicitly agrees with you lol

6. Driving2theBusStation Sep 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2019)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Fuck, maybe I did go too far tbh.

Shane, if you're reading this and got your feelings hurt, sorry there fella. You seem like a sensitive guy - y'know, someone who's humor comes from a place of wit and care and not hate or stupidity or whatever. Just know that no matter what anyone says, there's going to be classy people out there who think you're a good comic and will support you. I hear Prager University might be starting up a comedic arts major soon and are looking for some faculty. Keep at it my guy. Respect.

7. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Getting this thread back on rails a bit, has anything new come about with the whole Danny Masterson shitstorm? Is he still pussing out from acknowledging any of it publicly?

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

he called Cedric's wife a liar because he's a piece of shit

"I’m not going to fight my ex-girlfriend in the media like she’s been baiting me to do for more than two years. I will beat her in court—and look forward to it because the public will finally be able learn the truth and see how I’ve been railroaded by this woman. And once her lawsuit is thrown out, I intend to sue her and the others who jumped on the bandwagon for the damage they caused me and my family,"

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t know if anything else major has happened since Leah’s show came out, except that above quote. He’s just the worst.

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Is he still on the netflix show or did they quietly fire him

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They pretty loudly fired him a while back.

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh shit really? I felt like they kept him on for a season after the initial allegations came out

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It was pretty soon after they came to light if I remember correctly. Like they had already filmed a season at the time so there was no way to edit him out, but they like had his character murdered or something at the end of it. That was a few years ago.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Gotcha maybe I’m misremembering

15. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Not gonna link the excerpted audio but I feel like I’m desensitized to a lot and it was appalling

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

17. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 3.42.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 3.48.03 PM.png

everyone too sensitive these days.

Attached Files:

18. Countdown until the grifting begins in 3 .. 2 .. 1...

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh boy

20. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

great time to be suspended from twitter actually

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

shocking that white guys on twitter are mad about this

oldjersey likes this.
  22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don't understand this one. Dude said "fucking c***ks" barely a year ago. Fuck him to the ends of the earth.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah it's bizarre, he was saying it like 3 weeks ago

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It's especially shitty considering Bowen's hiring.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. TedSchmosby

Trusted