Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 87

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Every time I feel like rewatching Her I remember that ScarJo's in it and change my mind.

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

So I’ve been silent on Woody over the years, I loved a lot of his movies since college and still do. I’ve gone the “he was investigated, never convicted, still with Soon-Yi” route. Never knew about the Dylan Farrow accusation until Ronan brought it up in 2014. But he definitely has a old man/young woman attraction throughout his life, especially after an article came out about unproduced stories he wrote. He gave an interview years ago and someone on Twitter made a good comparison... it’s as if Little Orphan Annie grew up and married Daddy Warbucks. I can’t watch his more recent movies and these celebrity defenses of him are disheartening.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the guy who didn't know there were female horror directors may be a dumbass

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

iCarly Rae Jepsen and CarpetElf like this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

y2jayjk and jkauf like this.
  6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

hard yikes

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Like how many people have come out and publicly apologized for working with Allen over the last two years? Read the damn room and keep that trash to yourself.

333 GANG, incognitojones, Ken and 3 others like this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I'm cackling

Ken likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Dragon Ball Z Actor Chris Sabat Releases Statement Amidst New Casting Allegations

"When the Dragonball Kai was being recorded in 2007 [sic], I heard rumors that actresses had been recast at Funimation for refusing sexual advances by Funimation employees. I consider these rumors credible based on my experience working at Funimation and from direct messages received from a former DBZ cast member. I also heard that actresses who participated in sex with Funimation/Okatron5000 employees were cast in roles. I consider these rumors credible based on my experience working at Funimation," a piece of the affidavit reads.

10. Morrissey

Trusted

How did Michael Jackson escape #MeToo scrutiny, especially after that documentary? I hear his music played in public on a very regular basis.

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

And yet MTV still plays his music videos

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Ugh... YouTube still hosts the freak’s videos

13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This can be asked of many “legendary” artists

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I think part of it is he's dead and part of it is people really bad at not playing shitty artists, I mean Chris Brown had a top ten single this year

incognitojones likes this.
  15. 333 GANG

ACAB

Fuck Michael Jackson

16. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Yeah most artists with credible allegations still have thriving careers. Very rarely has accountability taken place in any meaningful way, especially for artists still near their peak of popularity.

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

He's dead, that's all.

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

He also still has possibly the biggest and most obsessive fanbase in the world, and they work super hard to deflect every single story that comes out about him. There were so many brigading campaigns when the documentary first aired.

19. Philll

Trusted

Michael Jackson is practically a god in the world of music. If dudes like Pinegrove and Front Porch Step can have a comeback then it's no surprise that one of the most popular artists in all of history still gets played.

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

FPS had a comeback?

21. Philll

Trusted

I feel he released an album maybe last year/earlier this year touting his new found faith and his Redemption Narrative. "Comeback" might be overselling it but he certainly still has support in the industry.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Pinegrove had a comeback?

23. Philll

Trusted

Was my point wrong or...?

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

They had a terrible blow back from that p4k article if I recall. The victim came out, and called BS. Then they made that terrible blog post about eating pumpkin tortellini, and people got more mad.

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

On this site, sure. In the real world they're doing pretty well. Getting coverage, releasing a new album, touring