Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 85

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

weird that zeroville is still getting released considering it was shelved four years ago and everything that has come out about franco since

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

It’s almost like it wants to ride the coattails of another movie about Hollywood 1969

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I definitely couldn't have predicted Mulan saying blue lives matter, everything is wild

y2jayjk, justin. and incognitojones like this.
  4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Mulan is about breaking the law to serve the military tho

Kingjohn_654 and oldjersey like this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Mulan is canceled

6. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Jackie Chan isn't a surprise, bummer about Liu

7. This plus the Mitski scare earlier this week got me like

[​IMG]

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Liu Yifei messed up. She should have just not said anything at all. If she goes back on anything she said (if Disney asks her to) then the CCP will come down on her.

Chan definitely isn't a surprise. He has always been pretty trash and sucked up to whoever funded his wallet.

9. I support Asians in the media wholeheartedly. Until I can't. See: Aziz.

This Mulan news is more of a "meh" than a disappointment, though, tbh

10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Disney's films depend on the Chinese market for a large share of their revenue. I don't 100% know the distribution deals and how they may go through the government, but I'm guessing there's at least some government involvement/pressure, so if anything I'd wager Disney being on the side of the authority versus the protestors, and wanting any statements made by their stars/production members to toe that line.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Wharf Rat like this.
  11. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

100% Disney does not care about this lol

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If anything Disney prefers this

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Oh no, of course not. It was just wishful thinking on my part that Disney would ask Liu to fix what she has done.

Disney will never engage in any dialogue that could hurt their ticket sales and like Anthony said this will likely be to Disney’s benefit. There are a lot of CCP supporters that will see this due to a) Liu standing with them b) spiteful to those who oppose it.

14. Morrissey

Trusted

There is a hard limit on how many foreign films China allows into its market.

15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I honestly expected him to get more backlash from his Louie CK and sexual assault jokes from his last Netflix specials.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love how his defenders say Soon Yi isn't his daughter, as if grooming any child from the age of 9 is okay

OhTheWater likes this.
  17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

gina cancelled

18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It is just his ex partners daughter who he knew from the time she was a child and for who he likely took on a paternal role and eventually married. Sounds legit. Anyone who justifies that sort of relationships is so concerning and makes me question their sense of boundaries and protectiveness.

19. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I just watched Manhattan the other night and I knew all about the dating a 17yr old plot point going in but holy shit it’s like they went out of their way to find an actress who sounds like she’s on the verge of puberty

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

She was only 16 when they filmed it!

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And she has spoken about that being her first kiss and how complicated and painful that was for her.

22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I continued to watch/financially support Woody Allen's films far too late in my life and it's a source of serious shame for me. Just got caught up in how much I personally enjoyed his films and didn't think enough/didn't know enough about all of the horrifically disgusting things about him. He's a creep and needs to disappear for whatever is left of his life.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Same,it didn't help that his movies have amazing casts of apologists

Ken and Anthony_ like this.
  24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

So I did not know this but there’s a David Bowie movie coming out... ugh.