Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 80

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

he was saying everyone is too pc now lol

incognitojones likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Ah, that's what it was. It's a little difficult to take these kinds of "earnest" statements of remorse seriously when the person's initial reaction was to get super defensive and deflect responsibility for their actions onto either the victim or, in this case, society as a whole.

incognitojones likes this.
  3. Philll

Trusted

Perhaps with the title Right Now he's just coming out as conservative

yung_ting and trevorshmevor like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

"In his new show, he does Louis C.K. few favors by defending him limply. He also speaks up for Kevin Hart who, in his telling, lived a blameless life when his dream of hosting the Oscars was dashed because of a few tweets. And after litigating the case of Michael Jackson on specials in 2004 and 2017, he does so again here, telling his audience not to watch the recent HBO documentary, “Leaving Neverland,” in which two men who accused Jackson of sexual abuse speak out. Chappelle says he doesn’t believe them, and then adds that he has no evidence, before sputtering that even if the pop star was guilty, “he’s Michael Jackson.”

fuck Dave Chappelle

Aregala and incognitojones like this.
  5. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

It seems like at some point, pretty much every stand up comedian proves to be an asshole

6. Don't say that. Mulaney is pure.

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

8. Noooo

9. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

lmao that really got me

10. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

This is a rick roll in case anyone didn’t click due to horrible disappointment lmao.

Almost all comedians represent the worst kind of toxic, shitty dude. My ex forced me to be involved in the local comedy scene when he was trying to make it as a stand up guy and it legitimately impacted my mental health so much that I had to stop going to his shows.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

12. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Yikes after yikes in this, what a shitbag

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Comedians tend to kinda suck and have that "u can say or do anything in comedy!!" Mindset. Mike birbiglia's early stuff can be a lil bro-y but I love his specials. The way he tells stories is so engaging and satisfying. It's hard to even post clips because u just need to watch the entire thing as he weaves the story. I watch them a lot when I'm having anxiety

...but also I trust no man so I'm never disappointed!

supernovagirl, Cameron, mad and 4 others like this.
  14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Birbiglia's special "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend" is one of my all-time favorites. I had no idea he is originally from literally one town over from where I grew up either until I saw that.

Zilla, trevorshmevor and xapplexpiex like this.
  15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Birbiglia is such a great storyteller

LessThanTrevor likes this.
  16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Birbigs is right up there with Mulaney for me. Such a funny, caring dude.

Jacob likes this.
  17. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

18. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

mulaney and birbiglia are just insanely good writers - to me it's a different vein of comedy then someone like Tom Segura, who I also love - like to me Segura is just more of a conventionally excellent comedian whereas their writing carries all the comedy

19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Becoming rich and/or famous rots the brain.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  21. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Scarlett has repeatedly proven that she's not very intelligent, but she seems to believe that she is.

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Being involved with Colin Jost certainly can’t be helping her views on anything important.

y2jayjk, popdisaster00, Zilla and 8 others like this.
  23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Harvard scum!

24. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Really gross article in the NY Times last week about Aziz. Basically says he’s a new person now and his new special is his best work, and praises how he “sets traps” with his crowd work and makes his audience uncomfortable “without teetering over into cruelty.”