Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 79

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This situation was really was so horrendous yet also so completely and utterly avoidable. I have watched the footage and it really was such a nightmare situation. Those children must have been absolutely terrified in the moments leading up to one of them being decapitated by a helicopter rotor and the other being violently crushed to death by a landing skid. Even taking the helicopter that ultimately kills all three of them out of the situation, Vic Morrow is actually physically struggling with all of his might just to keep those kids heads above water while being buffeted by winds and explosions. All while a coked-up John Landis is yelling over the radio for bigger explosions and for the helicopter to fly lower.

I had never heard of the 'anniversary party' before this. I don't know how anyone could celebrate something like that. As if the fact that you are rich and could pay for an expensive lawyer who got you off on the criminal charges means you didn't do anything wrong.

It is unfortunate but I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that his son would end up treating people this way.

I couldn't even get through that Jezebel interview. Whenever anyone uses the word "chick" in any other scenario aside from describing a young bird I am overcome with an intense desire to punch them in their face hard and repeatedly. It is very hard to suppress.

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Knowing how hard Vic tried to save the kids is one of the aspects of the story that hurts me the most. The whole thing is just awful. I had never heard of Max by name until reading this thread, but he obviously got all of his father’s worst traits.

Brother Beck likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Zilla and ChaseTx like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Why do I always read the comments. Ugh.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I mean, they booked Skankfest and a simple google search could have given them more than enough reason not to so I’m having trouble caring

7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah isn’t that the same venue that made some half assed “milo probably won’t perform here and if he does it will be because the manager didn’t know about it” literally the same 2 guys planned the Louis show too... kinda seems like if you keep letting those guys book shows there then it’s pretty safe to say you don’t actually care about who performs there.

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, any venue that lets Big Jay Oakerson do the booking should be considered suspect.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

hell yeah

10. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

From what I know Ben more or less protected/defended his brother, helped him to still get work

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

xapplexpiex likes this.
  13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Ben has long had a free pass and it’s gross

xapplexpiex likes this.
  14. Good Will Hunting will forever be one of my all time faves, but I've grown quite weary of Matt Damon and the Afflecks recently.

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Did Damon do something?

16. Anthony_

Yeah I don’t remember hearing anything about Damon. I remember the Ben Affleck MTV thing though.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. wtf go away

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh boy

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I used to love him but now I can't even watch P&R reruns

incognitojones likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

how do you think she felt

22. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I logged into twitter for the first time in weeks and saw the headline “Aziz Ansari, victim of #MeToo” and logged right the fuck back out.

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

24. Anthony_

Wasn't he, like, making jokes about it at some point when he was first getting back into shows? Am I remembering that right or am I confusing him with Louis CK?

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.