Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 72

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i wish working remotely eventually becomes the norm so i can live in my house in the middle of the nowhere

2. drewinseries

Drew

I have a few colleagues who do that. It's the dream.

Arry likes this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I honestly do not like working from home. I enjoy going into the office, getting away, talking to co-workers (on occasion).

I also have kids though so any time I get to get out of the house is nice and my office is quiet. But even if I didn't have kids, I would think working from home would bore me to tears if I did it too often.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I couldn't get into work mode if I worked from home

Brother Beck and Anna Acosta like this.
  5. Worked from home for like 15 years and the idea of going to an office and have to be around people legit terrifies me.

Related:
    Uh, if you haven't thought about becoming a member of this website in a while, here's a plug:

https://forum.chorus.fm/account/upgrades

DrAlanGrant and CarpetElf like this.
  6. drewinseries

Drew

When I work from home I start the day at a WiFi available coffee shop or local library. The few hours outside the house really helps long term IMO.

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Nice. What do you do?

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

And CarpetElf was never heard from again

9. Brother Beck, dadbolt, jkauf and 6 others like this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I split my time between home and an office and I wish I had enough regular work to just stay home. It’s so nice to not have to be “on” in front of people. My office is at least pretty chill though, so I don’t mind being here.

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I think he runs a Blink-182/MxPx fan site.

Kingjohn_654, Arry and CarpetElf like this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Thought it was an album rankings website?

13. [​IMG]

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

It’s a liberal, sjw, virtue signaling circle jerk.

We already established that.

15. chris

Trusted Supporter

I didn't love working from home for the ~8 months I did it and not having that separation of work and home. dividing that up between coffee shops or something I think is key

16. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I would like to work from home but I would definitely need to segment my home pretty clearly where there's like one room I do work in. If I'm doing work on the same computer and same place I'm doing not work i'm just not gonna do work.

17. Just gotta set boundaries and make work a specific part of your home. An office really helps to divide the line for me.

iCarly Rae Jepsen, Arry and Wharf Rat like this.
  18. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

That was what made it hard for me to do work at school too. The only time I would actually get any work done in my dorm room was if it was last minute and I would fail if I didn't get it done. If i wasn't against a deadline i needed to be in the library or otherwise not in my room to get any work done

19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I turn into a weird recluse if I work from home too many days in a row. I like having the option but I need the accountability of being in the office. (I say as I am in a meeting, at my office, replying to this thread.)

20. [​IMG]

supernovagirl and personalmaps like this.
  21. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Working from home legit might be the best thing that's ever happened to me. Usually only do it twice a week but those are the best two days , every week.

drewinseries likes this.
  22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

So wild how different the perspective is! Where i live you guys would be one of the wealthier families like enough to own a decent home with some land. But you also wouldn't be making that much money if you did that job here and I'm pretty sure the job doesn't even exist here lmao tho it might I'm not smart enough to have those jobs on my radar

supernovagirl likes this.
  23. It's for sure all relative. There are some places I could buy a damn house with what I make. (Not a nice one, but a house nonetheless.) In LA, I'm below the poverty line and the prospect of finding a new apartment in 9 months make me want to take a nap.

Jason Tate and Arry like this.
  24. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I looked it up just now out of curiosity but I would be considered "low income" where I now live, I guess, while I made half my salary a year ago and lived quite well where I was. Basically, where I live is expensive AF, but then I knew what I was getting into and don't regret it.

25. Dog with a Blog