Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 70

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

“First interview since being charged with sexual abuse,” is certainly a choice. Pretty sure that interview was about 20 years ago.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"Were you with underage girls?"

"I beat my case."

Whelp

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

He going to jail

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Worst thing is I've talked to two people who have considered believing him already. Unbelievable

5. Anthony_

I mean, on the one hand I suppose the strategy he's taking is really the only option he has. Basically trying to appeal to the rational part of people's brains, or the part that has common sense, and saying "How could anyone be so stupid to do this kind of stuff with the past that I have?" I guess his plan is to make people think "Yeah, this really is too outrageous to be true." But, like, he actually is that stupid and everyone alleging that he did these things is very credible, sooooooo he might fool some people but I don't think the majority of people are going to buy it.

6. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Isn't R Kelly literally on tape with an underage girl? Is that tape just a rumor too, Mr. Kelly? smh

supernovagirl likes this.
  7. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Idk how true this is but I just saw a news article that he’s apparently claiming the parents sold the girls to him?? Like....THATS the route you go?!

8. Anthony_

He either outright said that or at least suggested it because Michael Avenatti shared a statement today from the parents of one of the girls denying that they sold her to him.

But yeah the absurdity of trying to excuse child rape by invoking slavery is clearly lost on him.

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

They couldn't prove it was him (I think the defense was it was a relative, maybe his brother) and the victim refused to testify.

10. supernovagirl

Right. Like as if everything would be okay even if that were true. :eyeroll:

Anthony_ likes this.
  11. Anthony_

Re: Kelly's acquittal, I just always think back to the Chappelle sketch. "For all we know, that piss was digital."

12. supernovagirl

I mean he literally married Aaliyah while she was underage and groomed her into releasing an album called age is just a number. Like...that’s the most giant red flag towards a child predator I’ve ever seen.

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

There's also proof she had restraining orders out on him after the marriage because he was abusive. I mean, good lord.

14. Anthony_

That's less a red flag and more a "elevator from The Shining" amount of red.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Zilla likes this.
  17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

incognitojones and Zilla like this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Might as well pull all of Family Guy

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Hey everyone else see how easy that was

20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Seeing John Mulaney’s face in this thread gave me a heart attack

waking season, Ken, shea and 19 others like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Haha sorry, no he's pure

Ken, Kingjohn_654, Nathan and 4 others like this.
  22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Kingjohn_654, Arry and DrAlanGrant like this.
  24. Dog with a Blog

I honestly kinda assumed already that famous people just bought their kids’ way into college lol

25. chris

Trusted Supporter

I imagine smarter rich people just make big legal donations to give their kids special consideration