Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 67

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Most likely? At this point I'm convinced I combined idioms in my head and confused myself.

Anyway, thanks everyone! Sorry for the thread derailment, haha

Kingjohn_654 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Credit? I don’t know! Maybe it will come if everyone gives up. I know that happens to me a lot and then at 3 AM I’ll yell it out. Lol.

3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Built this city on rock and roll?

4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Rapport?

5. This makes the most sense because I wouldn't normally use this word and therefore had trouble remembering it haha

Zilla likes this.
  6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Rapport is more like a positive energy between people than anything to do with trust

7. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

It's credibility. You've built up credibility

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Credibility or goodwill

9. Whoa, guys, don't start an argument because of me, I'm ready to move on haha

So anyway, yeah, between her interview on Colbert and her calling out Pratt, and basically everything else she's done, I trust Ellen Page.

10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Glad she said something. My feed was filled with ppl praising him and I was like wait wut are we gonna retcon this dude's past? Guess so

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Idek where to put this but there has to be some other former patd fangirl losers like myself who saw this and died

12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Omfg

Kiana likes this.
  13. What... I remember her from the early buzznet/myspace days. This is so weird.

14. Don’t say Buzznet it triggers me. :rotfl:

Kingjohn_654 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I have no idea how to process this Jussie Smollet case as it keeps unfolding. The layers of harm it could cause if it’s true he faked it to so many realms where necessary change is needed is immense.

BornToRun likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I'm so torn about it because I inherently don't trust the official narrative in situations like this but at the same time there does appear to be evidence that he faked it. It's so confusing.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

As people have pointed out it would be nice if they dedicated the same resources to actual hate crimes instead of disproving a seemingly staged one

LWS, Zilla, Joe4th and 1 other person like this.
  18. Anthony_

Yeah exactly. Seems like this one has been investigated...pretty aggressively compared to others. I wonder why that could be. Hm...

LWS, Anna Acosta, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  19. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

No doubt, actual hate crimes almost never get examined this closely and are not covered much either. But god damn that ABC interview makes him look really bad now.

20. drewinseries

Drew

It's really bad. No way around it. This will be used as a narrative pretense for all MAGA-esq altercations going forward. Incredible disservice to people who will unfortunately struggle, and now people who actually do these terrible things will have this as a blanket to protect the perpetrators.

21. yung_ting

Trusted

guess it's confirmed now that he paid $3500 to the two to stage it because he wasn't making enough, what a bizarre and unfortunate situation

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Awful

23. Anthony_

I hope Jussie is proud of what he's done here

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

What Jussie did is wrong and he should be punished for it, but I'm not looking forward to all the people being OUTRAGED about it while ignoring the real hate crimes that happen daily.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It also goes to show that if something is fake, it will most likely be found out. So you know, take it as proof that most stories like this really are true because they don’t fall apart just a few weeks later. You know the corrupt police departments love proving people to be liars, and yet this story is almost unheard of.

But that of course wouldn’t help the narrative that the poor MAGA babies are being attacked and all hate crimes are fake.

It’s a really despicable situation on so many levels.