Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 64

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. mad

I was right. Prestigious

afaik he hasn’t done anything but he’s definitely conservative and belongs to an extremely homophobic cult church

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

3. Philll

Trusted

Yeah basically that. He's not an abuser or anything like that, just has problematic connections and unfortunate views (pro-cop, pro-gun etc).

4. I'm also still peeved by that "Hollywood doesn't represent us blue collar Americans" thing which will never NOT feel like a dog whistle to me.

Granted, he admitted it was a bad thing to say but... based on everything else, it's probably how he actually feels so eh. He's just the worst Chris. Like good job on not being an abuser. Now maybe try not being a shit.

K0ta and CarpetElf like this.
  5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

His engagement to Arnold’s daughter really creeps me out

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Why?

7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

It’s hard to put my finger on it, just something about it is off putting to me.

8. drewinseries

Drew

Can I hear more of the arguments of why he is "shitty?" Is it because he is openly catholic? Not sure why he kind of being lumped in with other people that have been talked about in this thread. Interested to hear more of where people are coming from.

9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

He's a member and proponent of a church that is anti-LGBTQ.

10. drewinseries

Drew

Right, but isn't most scripture essentially anti-LGBTQ? To me it seems like practicing a faith that has those values isn't really the same acting on them.

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Christianity in general is definitely anti-LGBTQ but there are churches that refute those types of passages. But then you get into the argument that you're not supposed to pick and choose what you do or don't believe in the Bible, etc...

I don't like Christianity in any facet but if someone in a place of power like Pratt is going to go to church and vouch for them, he shouldn't do one that's outright against LGBTQ people.

Gallhammer likes this.
  12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Not that Catholicism doesn't have its own deep-seated issues, but I don't think Hillsong is associated with any specific denomination of Christianity, is it? Kind of its own thing.

But yeah the fact that he's covering for them and trying to gaslight everyone into thinking that Hillsong isn't notoriously anti-LGBTQ is really gross and definitely makes him look like bad.

Gallhammer and ChaseTx like this.
  13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Ex-members of Hillsong have been quoted as being shunned for being LGBTQ, so I don't really care what sect of Christianity they claim they are.

Gallhammer likes this.
  14. drewinseries

Drew

Every religion has it's issues, but I guess I'm just not seeing where Chris Pratt as his own is advocating against anything himself. If he acts on things, or says specific things, that is what is on him. Just personally, I'm not seeing the connection.

Davjs likes this.
  15. Anthony_

He's trying to gaslight the public into second-guessing what is and has been well-known about his church's reputation/beliefs. Ellen Page wasn't just making stuff up when she called him out.

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Vouching for a specific church that you are a part of and, I think it's safe to assume, donates tithes and offerings to that supports anti-LGBTQ efforts is something I can understand people disliking or hating about him.

Gallhammer and yeahrightdude like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

She's 29 and he's a 39 year old divorced dad

K0ta likes this.
  18. Anthony_

This isn't about any specific religion. If a person's religion is anti-LGBTQ that's bad and that person defending it is also bad. It's that simple.

19. It's hard to pinpoint or cite "sources" on this because a lot of my feelings towards him involve reading between the lines. Not calling him an abuser, cancelled, or even ~problematic~, but I have serious reservations about him based on what I've seen, most of which has already been brought up in here.

Then again, as a general rule, I don't work too hard to give affluent cishet white men that much benefit of the doubt to begin with. If it quacks like a duck...

20. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

He donates money to an anti-LGBTQ church and also attends it, which means he holds its values? I mean it's pretty straightforward.

21. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I was thinking about it and 10 years seems to be right on the line of where I think age differences are just really weird even if both are adults

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think 10 years is much of a difference once you pass 25-30 years old for the younger of the two parties. It obviously can be, but I don't think it is inherently.

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s because he has taken it upon himself to be a sort of spokesperson for the church recently, and therefore he should be held accountable for what they put out into the world.

He’s also definitely not catholic, but that’s kind of beside the point as far as the accountability goes.

Anthony_ likes this.
  24. Anthony_

She at least fits into the half-age-plus-7 rule for once in Hollywood lol