Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 63

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've seen religion and churches be such a fantastic resource in my community. The way I see close knit church communities wrap around their members and give them assistance is amazing. I admire that. But yeah I do have issues with it as like an institution. And with Chris Pratt specifically I feel like the more I learn about him the less I like him and his views. I never rly know how to feel about cults. Like they're bad obv but members are so gaslit and manipulated and taken advantage of themselves, but then they can end up hurting others thru the cult and perpetuating the harm so it's like an awful cycle of awfulness.

I'll just say like tl;dr Hillsong sux.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. yung_ting Feb 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 9, 2019)
    yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I agree that it’s beneficial to a bunch but great/nurturing communities also exist without the pretense of adherence to a similar religious code and make for a more diverse group of folks helping each other out, just sayin!

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I def agree it can exist without that. But in many places it is all there is. Like they are the resource in my small community that doesn't have many resources. I don't know I guess it isn't something i ever got or understood on a personal level and I probably will never get it. On a micro more local level it's been neat to see the positive impacts in the community. Of course that doesn't erase the more macro issue of trauma and devestation and attempts to take my rights away with their bs. I think it's sad my area relies so heavily on the charity of churches instead of strong social programs and supports. Idk it's prob not rly my place to speak on the issue. I'm not religious and I'm also not a member of the lgbtq community who has felt trauma at the hands of religion. I wish there were better options in my community but rn there isn't so I guess I've just learned to work within it and listen to people's stories of how religion has helped them, even tho idgi myself.

Idk it's 5am on a Saturday tired AF I should probably leave this in drafts instead of hitting reply oop well here we go

supernovagirl likes this.
  5. stars143

Trusted

jmitch0906 and orangehorizon like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

ChaseTx and Ken like this.
  7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

“Put Red Sonja on hold, this Singer situation is too hot right now.”

“Sir we could just find a new director, maybe a talented indie female director looking for her first big-budget blockbuster job?”

“I said we can’t possibly make the film until this Singer situation blows over, now put the damn movie on hold. Indefinitely.”

Arry, Zilla, ChaseTx and 1 other person like this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

38901236-F6BF-4E53-B9A8-890FBBC4DD2F.png

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

“Nothing could be further from the truth.” Gag.

Also except for the emojis that looks like some hot new hip hop/emo album cover.

10. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

11. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

I'm surprised they didn't just get the Soska Sisters to direct. They just started writing for the Black Widow comic, too.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

There are so many good choices . I really hope they take this away from Singer .

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

not quite an apology but he sounds more remorseful

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  14. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

That seems rather genuine to me

15. idk, that still sounds a lot better than the shit Louie has been pulling

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It'd be easier to accept if his latest stand-up wasn't "WhY'S EvErYbOdY So TrIgGeReD?"

17. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Good for Aziz, glad that he actually addressed it. I feel like he might have THOUGHT he was aware of women and social cues and all that back then, and this whole thing really opened his eyes. This was the kind of thing I was hoping for with Louis CK, but unfortunately he took a different route.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. Anthony_ Feb 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 12, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If Aziz had taken this stance on Day 1, I would feel a lot differently about him. But yeah, all of his "triggered" nonsense up to now kind of undermines this sudden change of heart a lot. Going to take more than this to convince me he's actually changed for the better.

19. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I’d love if he actually said he was wrong and owned up to what he was doing. He’s kind of dancing around it. Next to like Louie this a huge step but still not convinced he actually cares or gives a shit.

Anna Acosta, Joe4th and Anthony_ like this.
  20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I buy that he may be genuinely feeling remorse about what he did, he may actually feel bad, but I also believe he's a famous rich man with a very large platform and he's unwilling (or it hasn't even occured to him) to compromise or sacrifice any aspect of his self to truly acknowledge his agency in what he did.

21. Philll

Trusted

It bums me out endlessly that I can't watch Parks and Rec without remembering all the bad shit surrounding Aziz, and Chris, and Rob Lowe, and Louie.

I swear to god if I am ever let down by Adam Scott or Nick Offerman...

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Watching Family Guy and whoa

Anthony_ likes this.
  25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

What did Chris do?