Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 61

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is the bottom the total for the side and the 6,500 for the specific film? I can’t see that on mobile.

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

My favorite film, The Social Network, has Kevin Spacey as a producer. Man, that sucks.

LOTR also has Harvey Weinstein

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. Harvey has produced like a million movies

stars143 likes this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Yea watching old awards acceptance speeches and they sincerely thank Harvey is now cringeworthy

5. Brother Beck Feb 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 6, 2019)
    Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I don't think he functionally had anything to do with the LOTR films that were released. He had the rights at an earlier point and ended up being owed an EP credit / a shitload of money from only the first film in the trilogy, Fellowship of the Ring. His name wasn't anywhere on the last two.

* Edited to add that I know it's kind of a fine distinction , and a bit 'inside baseball' Hollywood wise, but I do feel better knowing he had nothing to do with them. I can't find any articles about it now because so much else has been written about him recently, but I believe they just had to cut him a multi-million dollar check from a percentage of FOTR's gross, and even that they contested in court for a while before paying .

justin. likes this.
    Shrek likes this.
  7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Oh wow I can see Blackpink on Colbert

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

She's very dumb

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Not only is that absolutely ridiculous as a justification for his racism in real life, that character himself is definitely racist and that’s a huge point of the movie.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

What is going on in France

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Dude you groomed a child

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Contender likes this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

https://news.avclub.com/woody-allen-suing-amazon-for-breaking-their-contract-ov-1832437728

That is, uh, quite the argument

15. Woody Allen sucks.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 and incognitojones like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Yas queen, he isn't the only famous person involved I know

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Learning he went there and seeing how Jesus-y his posts have been with his new engagement has been such a bummer.

19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

supernovagirl and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Going to an anti-LGBT church is a bummer but why would it bum you out that him and his fiancé have their lives focused on their religion instead of faking it?

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t know what you mean by faking it, but I’m bummed out to learn that anyone is super religious, especially in the tone that they have been. Knowing that it’s this specific one adds to the disappointment.

22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I meant “faking it” as in claiming it but then living very contradictory lives, particularly in Hollywood. I’m with you on the fact that them attending an anti-LGBT church is not good (and isn’t very welcoming when it comes how the church should act either which is a different discussion) but I thought it was a breath of fresh air to see someone who isn’t just saying they are Christian in Hollywood but instead lives it out. Some people say it to just save face.

I just hope he isn’t growing anti-LGBT in the process of being sincere about his beliefs (I didn’t even know about the church he attends until today).

stars143 likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

24. jmitch0906

Quorn

I think it is just disappointing to be so public about being religious and all that but to just ignore the fact that the church you attend is such an awful institution. That is the issue I see. It makes him implicit in the church's beliefs.

justin. likes this.
  25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I agree. Hearing the church news today really dampened my happiness when it came to him being openly devout. If this gains traction I would like him to respond or announce that he is leaving the church. Being in an anti-LGBT church is not a good influence for Christians or non-Christians and he has proven that he has the star power to leave a mark on wherever he stands.