Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. TJ Wells Nov 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 28, 2017)
    TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Or we could not police peoples reactions

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

7. Dog with a Blog

Contender likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

nohandstoholdonto and Kuri44 like this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Kiana likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Real talk how has Woody Allen not been hit by any of this

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I want to say it’s that he’s a respected institution, who continues to work with very influential people in the industry, but I guess Weinstein sort of was, too. I wonder if it’s because he’s a director, or partially that Weinstein had so many accusers while Dylan Farrow is the only one to speak out against him. It’s also extremely disappointing the high profile names, including white women, who defend and continue to work with Allen.

13. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

i mean, has he not? who out there doesn’t know woody allen is a pedophile?

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I think it's that he's " respectful" on movie sets, he isn't yelling at people and is I'm sure very nice to Blake Lively

But yeah the level of cognitive dissonance for Blake Lively and Kate Winslet to say he respects women is absurd, he groomed a child

primavera and OhTheWater like this.
  15. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Bryan Singer is now being sued for the 2003 rape of a 17 year old boy. POS.

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Probably because what Woody did doesn't impact them or their peers. They care about what effects them. This doesn't effect them. They can distance themselves and pretend Dylan doesn't exist because they're desperate for accolades and validation.

Anthony_ and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Sure, but what has that public knowledge done? He comes out with a highly regarded film every other year starring superstars

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Thread

OhTheWater likes this.
  19. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

well, sure. it’s the same as Gibson now being allowed to do children’s films despite being an anti-semite, racist and abuser.

i’m sure harvey will be allowed to make movies again in ten years if he doesn’t die first

OhTheWater likes this.
  20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I honestly don’t know exactly why Allen has skated by. Is it as simple that he’s well-liked/respected and the industry has something to gain monetarily from his continued work? Like, Louis CK had as much clout and respect and cache as anyone, but that all came to a head. I guess Louis and Weinstein admitted to at least parts of their actions, which is more than Allen will ever do. As long as someone takes the Woody/Roy Moore/Trump route and just denies and ignores, they just get to keep going.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Polanski too

22. Kiana

Idk if this has been posted cause tweets are blocked at work and I miss stuff but this was really heart warming to read.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

24. Kiana