Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 59

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Anthony_ Jan 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 23, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

‘Nobody Is Going to Believe You’

The full piece is lengthy and comes with a heavy trigger warning for extremely detailed accounts of sexual assault and rape.

Bryan Singer is a truly evil monster of the highest caliber.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

He is such an asshole

Contender likes this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s already out so he can’t try to pull Spacey’s, “I choose to live as a gay man,” deflection.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've known about Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey for AT LEAST ten years. There is no fucking way someone in the industry could possibly have missed those pieces of info.

OhTheWater likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Was Spacey really known about before everything came out? I remember hearing stuff about Singer, Louis CK, and others for a while but his was completely new to me

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

My friend used to be a bartender in New York and she told me about Spacey being gay and hitting on younger guys four or five years ago. I thought she meant like 22 or something years old, not underage.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

100% yes. There were all kinds of reports about him molesting men at resorts and shit. A lot of people played it off as closeted homosexuality rather than him being a sexual predator.

Aregala and OhTheWater like this.
  8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

About 10 years ago I heard Spacey got caught giving a guy a BJ in Central Park but never heard about underage stuff

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I was a huge fan of his and I heard stories about him being gay and like the London “mugging” and stuff, but I never read anything about him being an abuser. I thought a lot of it was just tabloids trying to out him or something. Finding out that more specific stories were out there from the start was really awful.

Anthony_ likes this.
  10. Anthony_

Same boat for me too. I (ironically, given Singer's response to the Atlantic story) always thought that the few stray rumors I read about were homophobic smears given his supposed (at the time) homosexuality. One of my favorite actors ever before everything came out, that one was really disappointing.

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I went from feeling bad for him because it seemed that he was afraid to just come out as gay to realizing that he was hiding being a pedophile asshole.

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I have a friend who had multiple stories about young gay men/teenagers in New York being harassed/pursued by Spacey. First I heard them was two summers ago just after Baby Driver but the stories went back a few years.

13. Family Guy joked about it way back, so I guess the rumors have been out there for a while.

Davjs likes this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

The 2nd episode in the Boondocks series calls out R. Kelly too and addresses that people need to quit making excuses for him because they like his music.

Contender and CarpetElf like this.
  15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

"The over $800 million Bohemian Rhapsody has grossed, making it the highest grossing drama in film history, is testament to his remarkable vision and acumen. I know the difference between agenda driven fake news and reality, and I am very comfortable with this decision. In America people are innocent until proven otherwise."

Yikes.

Awful people getting work and going on with their lives as if nothing happened sucks, period, but it's especially a bummer when it's an adaptation of a franchise that I'd generally love seeing on the big screen.

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey remember what I said about him being permanent Teflon?

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Man

18. The producer that made the statement was already sued for sexual harrasment and was the one that threatened Terry Crews to drop his lawsuit. No surprise that the predators are protecting each other. Can we just nuke Hollywood?

justin. and Arry like this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

'He makes a lot of money so, no, we wont be doing anything"

Thats really all i got from it

Arry and Davjs like this.
  20. Anthony_

Let’s see what kind of cast signs on to the movie.

21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Oh dang. Didn't recognize the producer's name. That's about right.

Wonder what actress they convince to play Red Sonja, whether it's some trash actress who doesn't care or a young one hungry for a break.

22. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Dang. I wanted to see a female director do Red Sonja.

23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I was a casual fan of Spacey's before all of this, and the things I remember reading about him from back in that time honestly came off more as a smear campaign to out him against his will. I don't remember there being accounts of him being a sexual predator and/or going after underage people, whereas I specifically *do* remember this type of stuff being well known about Bryan Singer as far back as around when Apt Pupil came out.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

goddamnit