Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 52

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Not to rehash an old scandal but like I can get on board with America hating. Like yes Ariana sis burn the flag, set it on fire, twerk on it whatevs. But anyone who dares disgrace donuts, donuts meant for the public no less, is just evil. hopefully she's grown since then. I feel bad she's been through a lot lately and she's super strong to keep working despite everything, but like I stan donuts and customer service workers but mostly donuts

Kingjohn_654, Arry, Zilla and 7 others like this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm a germphobe so that scared me haha

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I know on the grand scale of bad things celebrities have done that wasn’t THAT bad, but it really made me think less of her. So gross and disrespectful and those poor donuts.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I'm here for making jokes on the donut thing and talking seriously about problematic behavior but I draw the line at taking the donut thing seriously in any way

5. Kiana

I was mostly put off by how she treated customer service workers and disrespected other customers who could have eaten those donuts. I think it shows a lot about a person by how they treat workers, espesh when they think nobody else is watching, and she was rude af. She was masterful about focusing on the random fox news esque "scandal" of being anti American instead of how rude she was.

But I also don't think that's irredeemable. Like when I was young and trying to impress my friends or look cool I made an ass out of myself and wasn't always like a great person. I'm pretty sure she was also dating that dancer at the time and like I'm sorry but popstars dating dancers is always their rough patch. Didn't work out for xtina, Britney, jlo, ari, etc. But it's always when the popstars go thru like their "hard" phase where they embarrass themselves and collect scandals. Like a rite of passage!

Anthony_, Zilla, ChaseTx and 2 others like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I've never mentioned it not in jest haha

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

This is exactly how I feel except I don’t the have deep knowledge of popstar/dancer relationships. But everything else is what I was going to say.

8. Kiana

I wish I didn't have the knowledge of pop stars and their dancer boyfriends. Cluttering up my brain!!

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ll trade you the complete screenplays to every movie I watched as a child if you think that’s fair or space saving. Lol.

10. Kiana

Really, we should just combine forces and dominate trivia night

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

SOLD!

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Why are we talking about their relationship in this thread in the first place? Nothing really problematic about it, just kind of weird

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The Instagram post on the last page from Pete was pretty on topic and then it spiraled off of that.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

15. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

"My boyfriend and I were just dead silent. But the rest of the crowd is—it’s thunderous applause, they are loving it, they laugh at all of his jokes," Randall said. "As I’m sitting there, my heart’s racing. I am seething mad that this, at that point, had ruined my night. I was pissed off that I had to sit there and see someone that I don’t support have a platform like that."

At some point, Randall said, C.K.'s set took a sexual turn: He started joking about "putting thermometers up your asshole" and "eight-year-old girls thinking about having sex." He paused to check his notes, the room fell silent, and—after growing "more and more enraged" at C.K.—Randall decided she had to say something.

"If Louis C.K. wants to keep performing, if he wants to give people notice, that’s his right as a human being. Be my guest," Randall said. "But I want him to know—and that’s why I said what I did—you might take this platform, but it is not going to be a platform that is unobstructed. People are going to say what they have to say to make it hard."

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yikes.

18. chris

Trusted Supporter

lena casually mentioning in that hollywood reporter letter that she lied about having inside info to discredit the accusation is unreal and people should be furious

Arry likes this.
  19. Arry Dec 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 6, 2018)
    Arry

absolutely. she had many chances to make it right and self reflect. and describing it as her "greatest moment of evolution and education" like what the hell?? glad that you brought suffering to your friend for a 'learning experience'. just no self-awareness and accountability and i'm surprised there isn't more backlash (from my perspective).

edit:

fucking nuts:
    An incomplete list of things Dunham has been asked to apologize for: the nondiverse casting on Girls; casting Donald Glover as a black Republican boyfriend the season after she got in trouble for having an all-white cast; saying in an interview, “No one would be calling me a racist if they knew how badly I wanted to fuck Drake”; declaring herself “thin for, like, Detroit”; writing a New Yorker essay called “Dog or Jewish Boyfriend? A Quiz”; constantly being naked; tweeting a photo of herself wearing a scarf around her head like a hijab; accusing a Spanish magazine of airbrushing her photos (it did not); comparing Bill Cosby to the Holocaust; giving Horvath a brown baby at the end of Girls (and casting a baby that was Puerto Rican and Haitian, not half-Pakistani, as the script dictated); comparing the reading of negative Jezebel coverage to getting beaten in the face by an abusive husband; accusing NFL player Odell Beckham Jr. of not wanting to sleep with her; saying she disliked India because of the visible poverty; apologizing but never learning.

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

She’s a really really bad person.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

OMG Jason Momoa is Gaston

22. EASheartsVinyl Dec 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 6, 2018)
    EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly he’s given me the creeps ever since I learned that he basically spent his entire life and career stalking Lisa Bonet so she would fall in love with him. I’ve also heard he’s a serial cheater but that’s like secondhand from people who work with him at conventions.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

what kind of Logan Paul shit is this

Arry likes this.
  24. Arry

if you've truly changed, how hard is it to apologize???

Zilla, ChaseTx and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.