Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Can we respark the light on Terrence Howard? How does he still get work? Why does no one care?

3. CK's manager Dave Becky, who was aware of CK's misconduct and tried to silence accusers according to the article, also represents some big comedians like Kevin Hart, Poehler, Buress, and Aziz. I have to believe they're not cool with this and will distance themselves from him. He's also a producer on a lot of tv shows, several of which I watch.

Every Comedian Repped by 3 Arts Has the Power to Get Rid of Dave Becky

4. I have less confidence then you in this.

Contender likes this.
    Contender and OhTheWater like this.

7. This is gonna pick up in the red pill world.

8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Is this the same wacko blog you saw?

Allison Mack to confess: “I take full blame for DOS. Keith knew nothing about it!”

This guy Frank supposedly was part of the cult a few years ago and became friends with Allison through it, but the whole blog reads like it was written by a lunatic. This cult leader Raniere has 110% brainwashed her though and it's fucking frightening.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

12. Should a thread like this be in the music forum as well for similar things?

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yes, yes they did.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I suppose so, unfortunately. My initial post was moreso a springboard to discuss how to deal with problematic or abusive artists when you love their art, but it's grown into the allegation hub of the website, which I'm cool with. I think there should be a central space for Entertainment/Music allegations to go, as well as a space to discuss how to deal with these types of situations.

15. LJ Rime

Regular

I was afraid that wasn't going to happen. Thankfully, it did.

16. Gotcha, I wasn't sure exactly what the best way to handle that is. I like the idea of a place to discuss how to "deal" with that sort of stuff and I don't know if there should be a separate "uh here's a record of the problematic shit" archive as well.

cwhit and thenewtypetheory like this.
  17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i considered making one of these a while ago and how to handle situations like this but it generally just showed up in band threads instead, though a more thorough thread allows us to talk about different situations both bigger and smaller and the responses. the other reason i didn't make it is because i was worried about how some users would use it and how it would feel like a thread just used to get after bands, but i guess now it's needed more than ever

18. cwhit

yeah that was my worry too

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah I mean the "Boycott Pure Noise" thread on AP wound up turning super toxic and problematic which I hope wouldn't happen again. I'm not sure of the best way to approach it

20. Just random thoughts:

This thread remains for entertainment / new one with a similar title is made in the music thread.

First post could link to a Google document/spreadsheet that only contains links to headlines/stories as kind of a central repository. When a new story breaks people can update that/also post it in the thread. And then the main part of the thread is to talk about reactions to and everything you wrote in the first post about how we as "consumers" handle it.

I dunno, just talkin out loud.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and OhTheWater like this.
  21. cwhit

That's exactly what I'm worried one of these would turn into. I'm hoping that at least now we can be more nuanced with how to approach situations and talk about accountability techniques more than actually turning it into finger pointing and calling out others over their views

like, there are a few accepted and acclaimed acts in the indie world that have done things that i think should be brought up more but are ignored, is this a place to bring that up and talked about? i feel like there's good and bad to go through with that

22. cwhit

basically i think if this is done there needs to be a way to keep things productive and on track and have a relatively structured system for handling situations

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Can the first post be about Neck Deep please???

24. I still don't think I even know what happened with that whole thing. Didn't they kick out the guy that was involved? But someone else was too? I've never been able to figure it all out.

25. cwhit