Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 33

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Guess that movie's name is pretty ironic

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

If youre worried that any interaction with a female will be taken as inappropriate or harrassment maybe the problem isnt females

Yes so much this

3. stars143

Trusted

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Raku likes this.
  5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Damn what a wild, horrible story. Fucked up.

Is she trying to use Bourdain as a part of a cop out because he can't speak for himself? Or am I reading that wrong

Raku likes this.
  6. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

so fucked he had to be forced to say something. there's so many levels to this, it's disgusting.

Raku likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven’t said anything about this story yet because the whole thing is just horrifying on a million different levels.

Raku and DrAlanGrant like this.
  8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This is definitely a terrible situation. It's unfortunate that she's bringing Anthony Bourdain's name up at all in this way. I honestly think she could have made the same statement without brininging his name up at all.

I realize I am not rich or famous, and I know someone rich and famous will deal with situations differently than I would, but I can't wrap my mind around paying someone $380,000 for that seemingly incriminating looking photo if you didn't have sex with them. Even if that amount of money is nothing to you, I would not pay it on principle alone. Even if you had Jeff Bezos money you wouldn't go around paying off people who falsely accused you of wrongdoing simply to avoid the perceived hassle of dealing with them, or everybody would do it and eventually youd be out of money. If you didn't actually do anything wrong the person can't extort you.

Is it realistic to think that a celebrity would pay someone $380,000 for a photo that while definitely embarrassing, doesn't prove anything? I mean, it defintiely looks like that just had sex there, but that doesn't mean they did.

The only way her statement makes sense to me is that she cares about the guy a lot and is hurt that he tried to extort her and decided to just pay him the money to help him out and avoid any distractions during what she is already going through.

It just doesn't make sense to me. If someone I previously cared about randomly tried to extort me but I didn't do anything wrong I feel like my only reaction would be "F--- you, go pound sand."

9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

that is easily the worst self promotion I've ever seen, and I've been on the internet a lot. Damn. Don't even delete that please, this should be a monument to being a shithead.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  10. Doing research for something I might write...

Did Disney ever release an official statement regarding James Gunn? (Don't answer that; I'm almost certain I'll be able to find it just by looking through this thread.)

Did Disney ever release an official statement regarding Kelly Marie Tran?

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Arry likes this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Lol they weren't even old

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

No and I don’t expect them to. She didn’t do anything wrong and they only release statements when that happens.

14. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

How Sway

16. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, you really don’t John.

Raku likes this.
  17. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

cmon john, why even say anything??

[​IMG]

Raku, justin., supernovagirl and 6 others like this.
  18. Kiana

John whhhhhy

Raku likes this.
  19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Every time I see one like that I think “well maybe it’s just someone who’s been friends with someone for a really long time and is seeing an incredibly gray situation and just hoping against hope that their friend isn’t a shit” and then it inevitably is someone being sucky.

Raku likes this.
  20. Kiana

Maybe I'm just disloyal af but a few years ago my coworker friend was being accused of racism against two Latinos at work and I was so worried she'd ask me to vouch for her because I knew I never ever would. At least not for that. I'm not gonna cape for anyone in that way even if I've never personally seen them display racism, which in Roseanne's case we all have. Like it wasn't even a situation I had to think over like there was no hesitation involved. It wasn't hard. Truly. People need to do better.

21. Philll

Trusted

22. I knew he’d try to weasel his way back eventually

23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

He didn't even have to weasel, he just showed up again unchanged

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

25. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Well how many years did he spend lying about it and covering it up? You should multiply that by 20 and then I’d be fine with him returning to a position of power