Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

For those questioning Hardwick's appeal, I've always thought it was akin to The Big Bang Theory. It doesn't matter what the quality is, it matters that it's about nerd stuff. "This show mentioned Thundercats? I can connect with that because I have also mentioned Thundercats!" Etc, etc.

Hardwick started in nerd culture right before it became more mainstream and now it, quite painfully, shows. There are a lot of celebrities out there that are very vocal about embracing their passion for games and comics, etc. Aisha Tyler is a great example.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

That was awkward af. Nathan For You level

4. stars143

Trusted

(It's satire... that's not actually Chris Hardwick)

5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I hoped so lol

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Rosanne says she also has brown skin...

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

No Seth

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

white men gonna disappoint

10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

TJ Wells likes this.
  12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Then end is cut off. It should read “blackface”.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

This breaks my heart. Lost is one of my favorite shows and the fact that Kate’s terrible development wasn’t just bad writing but purposefully ignoring her attempts to keep her realistic and empowering is just awful.

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

"Sources linked to the production company, Good Universe, insisted to TMZ that it wasn’t a “blackface” situation and that it’s “not uncommon for lighting purposes to match actors’ skin tones.”'

I went to film school and have some friends in makeup and special effects, etc. I'm going to ask how this is usually handled. Although the picture they showed didn't really look like smoothly applied makeup for lighting, but I don't really know.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

fuck this guy

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And all about a show in Virginia Beach. That adds another layer of disgust from me.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

18. The Shadow Rulers of the VA — ProPublica
    According to ProPublica, Perlmutter is one of three wealthy members of Trump’s Florida getaway, Mar-A-Lago, who are actively shaping policies affecting millions of American veterans. Internal documents obtained by ProPublica show Perlmutter involved in “all manner of policy and personnel decisions” related to the VA, and has gone as far to give specific directives to government officials. Those officials who did not follow through on those directives were reportedly shown the door — such was the case for the VA’s former deputy secretary, chief of staff, acting under secretary for health, deputy under secretary for health, chief information officer, and the director of electronic health records modernization.

19. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Raku and stars143 like this.
  20. stars143

Trusted

I kinda hope he directs a DC Universe movie.

Raku likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Sigh but not surprising

22. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Last year, Lohan defended Harvey Weinstein in an Instagram video. The disgraced producer was accused of sexual misconduct by more than 80 women following twin exposés in The New Yorker and New York Times, published last fall. He has since vehemently denied any allegations of nonconsensual sex.

"I feel very bad for Harvey Weinstein right now. I don't think it's right what's going on. He's never harmed me or did anything to me," she said at the time. "We've done several movies together. I think everyone needs to stop. I think it's wrong. So, stand up.

oh no

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Tbh I feel like Lindsay lohans perspective would be so warped on this issue that I wouldn't even think to ask her about it. She probably has so much trauma to work thru about her Hollywood experiences that she hasn't rly addressed that idk. Obv what she said isn't ok at all but I feel like her perspective would just be sooooo off

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

mad, Kiana and incognitojones like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

He seems to skirt around acknowledging his victims