Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

it's depressing but of course expected that so many people seem to only care about what happens to house of cards after this

like jesus fucking christ a netflix show is not the issue of discussion here

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Paul Rudd is the only pure one, in Hollywood in general

supernovagirl likes this.
  3. Kiana Oct 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 29, 2017)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This may sound naive but I honestly don't know how these men live with themselves. They must know it's wrong cause they hide it. Do they live in fear of accusers speaking out or do they get so comfortable with threatening or manipulating victims or trusting that victims won't come forward that they just chill? Like are other predators feeling worried rn or do they think they're invincible? Once I accidentally backed my car into a picket fence going like 1mph and I was paranoid for days that a cop was gonna knock on my door. I truly can't wrap my mind around it. Like do they wake up and think "I'm a rapist" or what?? Do they read these accusations against others and see themselves in it or do they think they're different somehow? Or I guess they'd see nothing wrong with it??? idekkkkk

Also idk if it was ever posted on here but Alec Baldwin remains trash and has always been trash even tho ppl tend to forget with 30 rock and snl

[​IMG]

iCarly Rae Jepsen and CarpetElf like this.
  4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen and OhTheWater like this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

There was a really interesting reddit thread a few years back that was supposed to be first hand accounts of things that went on with young boys and Hollywood elite. Gotta hunt that down. It was pretty disturbing.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

7. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

What about Adam Scott? Impure?

supernovagirl likes this.
  9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

let's talk the jeremy piven allegations. his response was one i am surprised to say i hadn't seen.

source i'm using: http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/hbo-releases-statement-regarding-jeremy-piven-allegations.html

i can't really embed tweets at work, so bear with me. Ariane Bellamar took to twitter on Monday night and made direct tweets to piven about his having groped her in his trailer on set of entourage.

bellamar's claims
    piven's response:
    i've never really seen someone take the route of a firm denial while acknowledging how fucked up it is to make false allegations in this day and age. i am not saying that makes him innocent or makes her a liar, just... how do we handle when someone owns a situation and says "no, i did not do that"?

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

No he's cool too

supernovagirl, Bloodsucker II and Ken like this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

He has a tendency to prefer the presence of college girls

Philll likes this.
  12. CarpetElf likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen Nov 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

With Johnny Depp appearing in a movie opposite one starring Mark Wahlberg and Mel Gibson it will be interesting to see if the current climate affects box office

I think Orient Express is a little different because it's an ensemble

OhTheWater likes this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This whole Feldman situation that is unraveling is so messy. A dude who was alluded to by Feldman in his memoir as an abuser just came forward to say Charlie Sheen molested Corey Haim when he was 13

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. Philll

Trusted

At this point I kinda feel I just want to stop watching movies altogether. The whole industry is poisoned.

18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

20. Louis C.K. Crossed a Line Into Sexual Misconduct, 5 Women Say
    Now, after years of unsubstantiated rumors about Louis C.K. masturbating in front of associates, women are coming forward to describe what they experienced. Even amid the current burst of sexual misconduct accusations against powerful men, the stories about Louis C.K. stand out because he has so few equals in comedy. In the years since the incidents the women describe, he has sold out Madison Square Garden eight times, created an Emmy-winning TV series, and accumulated the clout of a tastemaker and auteur, with the help of a manager who represents some of the biggest names in comedy. And Louis C.K. built a reputation as the unlikely conscience of the comedy scene, by making audiences laugh about hypocrisy — especially male hypocrisy.

Ken likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm just on fucking sensory overload with the amount of horrible shit coming up. The Feldman accusations, this Alison Mack sex cult. My reaction to the godawful Louis situation at this point is just "yeah, I knew that".

Horrible, horrible shit

Contender and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.